Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi 2200 is junk and so is verizon's customer service
jc130b

I bought a Verizon MiFi 2200 and when I was talking to a version salesman in the store he assured me I would have signal at my house and it would work. He promised me if it did not work and I did not use very much internet and I returned the mifi within 30 days I would not be charged anything, even the restocking fee. Well I took it home, plugged the mifi into my laptop and it started to download the software and within 1 minute my laptop smoked (I mean smoke came out of it). I don’t know if it had anything to do with the mifi or not. So I hooked it up to one of my desktops and took me 3 days to get it to connect (after I talked to Verizon via the telephone, they told me a tower was 4 miles from my house and I should have no problems connecting to it. They also said the tower was to the west of me) So I went and got a 25 foot USB extension cable and put the mifi in a western window and finally got it to connect and I activated it. I then disconnected the usb and hooked it up to my desktop wireless and tried to open msn.com and after 1 minute half the page appeared, I moved it around the house and tried with no luck. I have the device on for about 5, 10 minutes max and decided it was not going to work. So I took it back to the Verizon store where I bought it and returned it with no problems (I did not have to pay the restocking fee). As part of the return I talked to Verizon on the phone to cancel the service and the agent on the phone said it was all good. The salesman even said we were good so I assumed we were good. Until today I get a past due notice for $235.00 from Verizon (which I only bought the mifi the 5 of dec 2010 which isn’t even 30 days as of yet, so how is my first bill past due?) so I get on the phone and after about 20 minutes they took off the $175.00 early termination fee and said I used 2mb of service so I owe them $60.00. That is **bleep**.  Only having the mifi hooked up for no longer then 10 minutes and not being able to open up even 1 full page how did I use 2mb of service. Anyway I had problems with Verizon about 5 years ago and left them for AT&T and have been happy. I was stupid thinking version changed they are a very bad company to deal with and the mifi is a piece of junk.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200 is junk and so is verizon's customer service
thepres69

This sounds unusual even for Verizon.

There is still options for you though.

Contact Customer Service again and ask for a supervisor.... explain the billing situation, in a (forced) calm voice, and ask for a credit to your billing. I was able to work with Verizon on many billing issues and have been able to resolve them to my satisfaction. (billed for text messaging on a data modem several years ago)

Let us know how things work out.

0 Likes