Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi 2220 on same Windows 7 PC as Dell 5720 VZW minicard
tjubb

I was having a problem getting WIndows to recognize the MiFi as it would only show as a standard modem in device manager.  I finally got that problem fixed, not sure how I did it but I think it was using the updated software downloaded from vzam.net and not the version located on the MiFi.  Problem #1 fixed.

Problem #2 is the co-existing of the MiFi with a Dell 5720 internal minicard.  I have successfully moved the VZW service from the minicard to the MiFi.  It connects on other XP machines with no problem.  However on this Win7 laptop when I start VZAM I get a message:  "Multiple wireless WAN (WWAN) devices ere detected on  your computer".  It goes on to say that I need to disable the internal card before using the external card.  Well, the internal Dell mini card IS INDEED disabled in Device Manager.  If I keep hitting the RETRY button on the VZAM message it just goes into an endless loop saying I have multiple WWAN devices installed.

HELP!

VZAM version 7.2.7.1 (2462a)

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2220 on same Windows 7 PC as Dell 5720 VZW minicard
jnestell
Novice

It sounds like a windows7 issue.  I have not seen this before.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2220 on same Windows 7 PC as Dell 5720 VZW minicard
acea911

I'm having the same problem trying to get the MiFi 2200 to work. It tells me to disable the internal broadband card, which is already disabled.

I just replaced my USB720 with the MiFi 2200. With the 720 I got around the problem by use an older version of VZManager. This doesn't work with the MiFi 2200.

Let me know if you ever found a solution. Thanks.

0 Likes