MiFi 4510 update failed
probeadobe

I am trying to get the firmware updated but it the download link for the update in the instructions does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the instructions that I am using.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/mifi4510l_instructions.pdf

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510 update failed
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is proly not the answer your looking for but followed the instruction and it work just fine for me. Like 10 min ago

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Try to access the link from a different computer and save it to the hard drive.  From there you can find a way to transfer the downloaded files to your desired computer and try to run the installation again, or just complete them from the different computer.  I'd suggest borrowing a buddies WinXP computer as they seem to be the most stable for this update.

Heres the MiFi 4510L firmware update file URL:

http://production.4510.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4510LWin.zip

If you confinue to have problems updating the firmware then stop by a VZW store and have them perform the proceedure for you.  You can use any computer to perform the steps, just make sure you bring a data cable.

0 Likes
probeadobe

I clicked on the URL but I am never able to bring up page or file. Am I not able to download this file from my MiFi? And I have tried it on two different PC's one with Windows XP and the other with Windows 7.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The URL I posted works, I can confirm that much for you.  It starts a file download of all the zipped installation files.  You would need to extract those files from the zip and run them on your computer from there.

You might have to find another internet connection for the purposes of this update.  I'd suggest stopping by a coffee shop or library, anyplace that has free WiFi will do.  If its going to be the same distance you might as well drop by a VZW store and have them do it for you.

0 Likes