MiFi 4510L 2.23 mac FW upgrade bricked my unit
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

After my last post, I did more searching and discovered the 2.23 firmware upgrade. I applied that to my MiFi and ever since it has been unable to connect to the network.

The WiFi connection is fine. I can get into the admin page, but the device is in the disconnected state and the system log shows repeatedly "LTE Connection Failed." If I force it to EvDo, then that fails similarly.

I called up support and they said they could do nothing but swap it out. I even took it to the local store and they said the same thing and set up a replacement.

---------

EDIT:

It turns out that jeffr in another thread managed to save me. The MacOS X firmware updater is BROKEN, and the fix is to use the Windows one to re-do the procedure. That worked and got my MiFi back online.

The bummer now is that I'm still out $7, because it's apparently too late to cancel my replacement order. I'm not sure whether to accept the replacement or refuse it.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L 2.23 mac FW upgrade bricked my unit
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ended up accepting the swap-out. The replacement unit came with 2.16.7 on it, and I successfully used the Windows software updater to update it to 2.23.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L 2.23 mac FW upgrade bricked my unit
ocean_pilot

nsayer wrote:

I ended up accepting the swap-out. The replacement unit came with 2.16.7 on it, and I successfully used the Windows software updater to update it to 2.23.

Hi ..... I successfully used the windows updater too on a 2.23, according to the software.

Please check to see when you go to battery power only if when you boot up the device and it acquires a 4G SIGNAL ONLY, the unit locks up and you can't log in to the network?  If it acquires a 3G signal it appeared to work fine.

If you could post the result it would be great.

Thx

0 Likes