MiFi 4510L Band Class Type
jm7150

Under Advanced/Diagnostics/Modem Status is a line with

Band Class Type:  US Cellular (800MHz)

Am I roaming on US Cellular or is this some kind of standard for the 800 MHz band?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 4510L Band Class Type
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies

Notice the difference between band and frequncy.  Its a little confusing but "band" is the generic term for a wide range of frequencies.  A band can be broken down into more specific ranges and frequencies from there.  Depending on the service provider you may be recieving your 3G signal from one band or another.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

Verizon uses both the 800 and 1900 MHz bands for thier wireless network.  Depending on your area you will see the MiFi device swap back and forth between these two bands.

Check the E-Ink display for a small triangle symbol to show you if you are roaming or not. 

0 Likes
jm7150

Thank you for your reply. I'm not showing the triangle so I'm not roaming but I'm still confused where the "US Cellular" is coming from.

Thanks

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies

Notice the difference between band and frequncy.  Its a little confusing but "band" is the generic term for a wide range of frequencies.  A band can be broken down into more specific ranges and frequencies from there.  Depending on the service provider you may be recieving your 3G signal from one band or another.

0 Likes
jm7150

See. You can teach an old dog new tricks. The US Cellular  (800MHz) means the United States band of 800MHz, not the US Cellular corporation. I thought I might be using US Cellular for my data connection instead of Verizon.

Thanks again

0 Likes