MiFi 4510L Home Page Management Issues
Knotsure

1.  Is there any way to make the login for the home page to stay logged in in spite of constant dropping to dorman to disconnect every few minutes

2.  The connection logs change the time frequently and rarely reflect actual events and run for several pages.

3.  Finally there was  a link here for  http://production.4510.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4510LWin.zip

"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, 2.23, for your Novatel MiFi® 4510L.
Verizon Wireless and Novatel encourage you to download this update."

and the installation attempt failed.  What is that all about?

Thanks; speeds are great but the drops cause a lot of headaches when dealing with interactive screens.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 4510L Home Page Management Issues
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The last time a firmware update was available someone posted a link to download the files directly from the source.  When the new update becomes available I'm sure someone will post the new link too.  That way you can download the firmware update files to your computer from an alternative internet connection and then install them through your USB cable. 

If you are still having problems downloading or installing the update then you can always bring your MiFi into a Verizon store.  A Verizon rep should be able to perform the firmware update for you with one of thier computers.  The last firmware update took about 10 minutes to complete.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

Regarding #1: You cannot stay logged into the MiFi if you are not connected to it.  Try reseting your MiFi and see if you can get a better connection.  Let us know if you need the steps.

Regarding #2: There is no way to change this.  The MiFi gets its time information from the local cell towers.  Normaly when the MiFi is not displaying the correct time there is some kind of an issue with the device or service.

Regarding #3: there is a firmware update on the way.  My sources tell me it will be available on 11/1.  You will not be able to complete the update until then.

0 Likes
Knotsure

Thank you BOTB; unlikely I'll ever get to download it until the other issues are corrected.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The last time a firmware update was available someone posted a link to download the files directly from the source.  When the new update becomes available I'm sure someone will post the new link too.  That way you can download the firmware update files to your computer from an alternative internet connection and then install them through your USB cable. 

If you are still having problems downloading or installing the update then you can always bring your MiFi into a Verizon store.  A Verizon rep should be able to perform the firmware update for you with one of thier computers.  The last firmware update took about 10 minutes to complete.

0 Likes
Knotsure

Thanks for the confirmation of the issues and the forthcoing firmware update.  I have the 2.23 saved to a stick so I'll wait to see if it works.  Sorry for the delay in replying but since I keep getting bounced even after all the adjustments I never know how long my login will last.  Thank you again.

0 Likes