MiFi 4510L - Overheating issues?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

I recently learned that one of my MiFi 4510's was reporting performance problems (disconnects/slow).   After some follow up I learned that this device was frequently exposed to hot enviornments in excess of 100F.  This user also discovered that removing the battery and placing it up to the Air Conditioner to cool it down has a positive impact on its performance.

So here are a few questions I'd like to ask VZW and the community:

1. Has anyone else noticed performance problems with the MiFi 4510L or its battery when exposed to prolonged heat? 

2. Is there a recommended range of temperatures which this device should opperate within? 

3. Could temperature be related to the MiFi 4510L's performance or permanently damage its components?

4. Anyone know if overheated batteries are covered by the warranty?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 4510L - Overheating issues?
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I would be glad to go over temperature questions with the mifi device. Here's a  link to the user manual. Press Control and "F" to search for temperature.

1. Has anyone else noticed performance problems with the MiFi 4510L or its battery when exposed to prolonged heat?  yes prolonged heat will effect performance.

2. Is there a recommended range of temperatures which this device should operate within? EnvironmentalOperating Temperature: -10 ° C to +45° C (14°F to 113° F) Storage Temperature: -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F)

3. Could temperature be related to the MiFi 4510L's performance or permanently damage its components? yes to both

4. Anyone know if overheated batteries are covered by the warranty? yes unless purposefully damaged examples melted housing

Thank you 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I would be glad to go over temperature questions with the mifi device. Here's a  link to the user manual. Press Control and "F" to search for temperature.

1. Has anyone else noticed performance problems with the MiFi 4510L or its battery when exposed to prolonged heat?  yes prolonged heat will effect performance.

2. Is there a recommended range of temperatures which this device should operate within? EnvironmentalOperating Temperature: -10 ° C to +45° C (14°F to 113° F) Storage Temperature: -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F)

3. Could temperature be related to the MiFi 4510L's performance or permanently damage its components? yes to both

4. Anyone know if overheated batteries are covered by the warranty? yes unless purposefully damaged examples melted housing

Thank you 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Joel,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.  This is the response I was looking for.

0 Likes
rlabudda

Mine still seems to be running really hot. It is not exposed to excess heat, nor is it left on for long periods of time before it gets warm. This has been pretty frustrating as the internet has been slow and I have been kicked off the network several times this month, where last month it was working perfectly. I have called and had the update installed, but this device still does not seem to be working properly.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

rlabudda wrote:

Mine still seems to be running really hot. It is not exposed to excess heat, nor is it left on for long periods of time before it gets warm. This has been pretty frustrating as the internet has been slow and I have been kicked off the network several times this month, where last month it was working perfectly. I have called and had the update installed, but this device still does not seem to be working properly.

Hello rlabudda!

So sorry you are still having overheating problems with your MiFi 4510L!  I would be happy to assist.

I would like to have you try one last troubleshooting step to see if we can resolve this.  I would like for you to Hard Reset your MiFi device, fully charge the battery and retest.  Please let me know if you are still experiencing the overheating after completing these steps.

0 Likes