Re: MiFi 4150L Problems with 4G connect after a 3G connect
98Ultrasport

Not at all..  My ticket number is {edited for privacy}

I was told the same thing about the two to three days response time.  I was told I'd get a call back in "a few days" to make sure the problem was fixed.  That was two weeks ago.  No call...

I feel like we are the Beta testers for this device.

By the way, it's POSSIBLE this is a network problem and not a device problem but regardless, since it manifests itself in the customer's device not working properly, it needs to be addressed and fixed with some level of urgency.

0 Likes
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

98Ultrasport,

I'm on the phone with Tech Support right now and they are reporting your ticket as closed with a resolution of hardware replacement. I'm sure you are still having a problem so you might want to call in again.

I spoke with Lisa when I called and I'm waiting for a supervisor by the name of Michael to call me back.

0 Likes
98Ultrasport

I just got off the phone with them as well.  You are right.,.,. they DID show the ticket as closed because of "unable to duplicate problem".  That's an interesting way to close a ticket.

Anyway, the young lady I spoke to understood the problem and PROMISED to call me back this afternoon and let me know the status.  I referred her to this thread so she's probably reading it right now and hopefully, will see this is NOT an isolated issue.

She promised to elevate the issue to a supervisor so we'll see....

0 Likes
floridonet

Add me to the list of people having issues with 4G/3G.  I am in southern CA.

0 Likes
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

floridonet,

Have you opened a ticket with Verizon about this issue? I suggest you call them.

0 Likes
Cyberdoc
We are sorry you're experiencing these connectivity errors. In research, I found there are others in this area of California that are having the same problems as well. We have reported the concerns to our System Performance Team who are actually researching this right now, as the Trouble Ticket has been assigned to a specific engineer at this time. I apologize as we do not have an estimated time of repair currently. We appreciate your patience and look forward to resolving this for you. Sincerely, RoyB_VZWSupport Follow us on Twitter - @VZWSUPPORT

Its also a New York problem. In this case there is 4G signal but the device seems to have a deathlock on 3G as it cycles up. I suspect its a combination of signal and device firmware. Setting device to 4g only fixed and Im fine with that.

VZW is shooting itself in the foot with all the returns. It's not defective hardware.

As for beta testing, this is to be expected with new technology. Maybe 4G LTE is missing something in the signal to avoid this problem??. I remember vzw's first digital phones that sounded tinnie. If I can get 4g to work all the time Im happy.

Does anyone know if the Samsung's are having this problem?? Their known problem was breaking connection.

0 Likes
Cyberdoc
0 Likes
jsz1

Interesting.  I am having a similar issue on my Thunderbolt as well.  Infact, the reason that I purchased the MiFi was because when I reported the issue on the Thunderbolt, to the rep @ the Verizon store on 3rd and La Cienega in LA -- she told me that this was a known issue with Thunderbolt Hotspots --- and that the mifi is a much more reliable device!

Sounds to me like this is a widespread network issue -- not a device issue.

In either case it is quite frusturating - and the fact that Verizon closes tickets without speaking with a customer is unacceptable.  I assume Verizon deicded to close out my ticket as well.  I opened this ticket 8 days ago - and to date still have not recieved a call back.    

JZ

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L Problems with 4G connect after a 3G connect
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anybody left a negative review for this device on the Verizon website? I looked at reviews before purchasing this device and didn't see any complaints about this issue. I'm wondering if Verizon won't approve a negative review.

0 Likes
floridonet

oosillyoo wrote:

floridonet,

Have you opened a ticket with Verizon about this issue? I suggest you call them.

Yes, I just called in and opened a case with them.

0 Likes