MiFi 4510L isn't ready for prime time.
Scott5226

Switched from a Mifi 3G which was rock solid to the 4510L 4G. What a huge mistake.

I can't say if it's the device or the LTE network side but the experience is horrible.

I'm in NY where the 4g isn't in my area yet.

I use it to stream audio lectures while driving to work.

On the 3g Mifi, never a problem.

On the 4g Mifi, never ever worked.

Who ever did the QA on this product should go back to the mail room.

Absolute waste of time and money.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L isn't ready for prime time.
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Welcome to the party. You can join the rest of us over here http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-MiFi-Devices/MiFi-4510L-Problems-with-4G-connect-after...

I would suggest opening a ticket with support and make sure it is escalated to a supervisor.
0 Likes
floridonet

Scott5226 wrote:

Absolute waste of time and money.

I'm beginning to agree with you.  I have a few more days for my trial period and I'm considering returning this unit.

0 Likes
Scott5226

I just called and returned mine today. I'll wait until they get it right.

0 Likes
Bobodude
I'm with you guys. They not only cancelled out the old data plans but dropped the mifi 2200 . How stupid. I won't have 4g in my area for years but the 4510 was the only choice starting on June 1st. I have a new Verizon cell tower going hot anyday within a mile of me and guess what, its not 4g but 3g. Why have they rolled this device out before they even have a fraction of their service area 4g ready? So they can gouge me for $50 instead of my first choice of the $35 plan and I don't even get 4g service. Why do companies like Verizon and many othrrs have to be so ruthless and so greedy with the customers who pay their bills. Money money money. Shame on you Verizon!
0 Likes
jeffjl

I love how I need to power cycle mine EVERY TEN MINUTES. awesome.

I have an iPhone on AT&T and am thinking I might need to go back to tethering my devices to my iPhone. It's slower, but infinitely less frustrating and much much more reliable.

0 Likes