MiFi 4510L no internet
jabbadahuttt

The LAN part of the device works wonderfully, it hands out addresses and we can pull up the web interface just fine. But  on the "WWAN" tab, the IP, Mask, Gateway and DNS are all 0.0.0.0  I have tried the 'connect' button, enables logs, updated the software all to no avail.

The really strange part of this is we got 2 of these (1 for each of our trucks) and BOTH are having this issue!

Just to be clear. On both devices I have gone thru every idea on the "Loses Connection" thread.

Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L no internet
Blak92

Be prepared to have issues with this aircard... lots of them.  Mine was working great for about 2 weels after upgrading the firmware, now it keeps disconnecting from the internet and not reconnecting automatically even though thats checked.  I have to go into 192.... every time and hit connect now.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You mentioned you tried everything already.  Without knowing the details of what you tried its hard to suggest something "new". 

I'd suggest a level 2 reset for this situation.  Normally when a device has a problem connecting with the local towers resetting the SIM card can help it renegotiate its connection.

Level 2 Reset:

1. Power down the MiFi

2. Remove the back cover

3. Remove the battery

4. Remove the SIM card

5. Allow the MiFi to sit for 30 seconds

6. Reassemble the MiFi

7. Test the Connection

It also might be a service problem in your area.  As Verizon works on other problems they may create other issues that they do not intend.  You mentioned that your MiFi's are in trucks.  Have you noticed this problem in any consisten locations?

RUn2it

then a level 2 drop kick, and a {please keep your posts courteous} of any VZW rep that says the words reliable and fast. Do I sound like I'm a little bit "inconvenienced" as I must be with so many apologies from every Verizon support person I've talked to. PS for the newbies, apologies are not support with respect to this situation, even if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, you hear them enough and you'll realize it means dude, sorry about that but it's my job to **bleep** you till they actually know what's wrong, gotta know what's wrong to be able to fix it, so we have to purpetuate the story, {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
RUn2it

PS, I don't think all my inflamatory posts tonight will fix my MIFI 4510L, but I would revert back to silence if Verizon would revert back to my prior contract/service that I would still have if the Verizon store rep wouldn't have lied and told me there was no expresscard to USB adapter when I find out today they've been around for years from Novatel and found them for $9.99. But I can be here 24/7 unless I'm on some other MIFI related blog, yeah, I know, I've described myself as like a pitbull that won't let go many many times, as Clint Eastwood said 'man has got to know his limitations" and I have reached mine with this fast, most reliable paper weght ...JUST DROPPED THE CONNECTION AGAIN, THAT'S 5 OR 6, LOST COUNT, JUST SINCE i'VE BEEN HERE. 4 bars signal strength

0 Likes
juju22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your suggestion resolved my issue.  Thanks!  I figured it was something with the connection between the modem and the tower because 2 different workstations had the same issue with DNS. 

0 Likes