MiFi 4510L speed issues
Herrox
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the 10GB plan and it works fine in the sense it connects online but when downloading it maxes out at about 45kbps is there an easy fix to this?

I dont know if this matters

FT Gordon

GA 30905

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L speed issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Herrox,

Oh my. Let's get to the bottom of this. I did check your area and did not see any reported issues here. To improve the speed on your device please follow these steps.

http://bit.ly/X1nJNN

Let us know if this improves your speed.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mcdavise
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as Herrox, but the link given in the reply is not relevant to the question. The link only address setup issues. At best it only verifies that the setup was done correctly, but doing, or rather re-doing, the steps does not change the connection speed.

DRH7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had perfect speed with a USB760 for two years.  Then two years to the date it went to dial-up speed.  I'm in a rural area with an external antenna and get 5 bars and -60 dBm statistics.  I'm in 3G about 99 percent of the time. I said I use 3G 99 percent of the time, even when I get 4G it is not blazing fast.

They told me to get the newest Jetpack ... got it home and it was dial-up speed.  Complained.  Then presto, magic it works for five days great then goes to dial-up speed again. Back and forth.  I never know what I'm going to get.  Today it is back to dial-up speed. I've called in to customer service 7 times, written two letters to the President of Verizon and to Customer Service.

Little doubt I'm getting throttled and that is strange cause I have a limited 5GB plan and use a 4GB each month -- have never gone over. Don't give me this line: "We don't throttle 4G devices."  I know that is not true. I don't believe anything Verizon says cause I have a family member who worked for Verizon and quit cause this family member got sick of being asked to lie on a daily basis.

Even when I take the Jetpack to the big city of Denver it is not blazing fast. 

Herrox
Enthusiast - Level 1

My device is setup correctly. Quite alot of people at this base have the same problem. The connection rarely goes to 100kbs nd when it does its only for a momment

0 Likes