MiFi 4510L
WiFiGuy
Does anyone know the release date for the Novatel MiFi 4510L?

I had heard it would be today, but I'm guessing that was just a rumor.

Thank you,

Brandon
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L
WiFiGuy
Is this thing ever going to hit the shelves?

I see Sprint just released it.
0 Likes
schwedd

Sprint's MiFi 4G has great reviews.  I think it will beat the Samsung LTE hotspot.  It already has FCC approval.  Hope it hits the shelves ASAP.  

0 Likes
WiFiGuy

I think it will be better than the Samsung, that's why I'm still waiting. 

I really wish they would release it already. I wonder if they are having to wait since they just released the Samsung. Let it gain some sales before bringing out a competitive product. If so, they should have done it the other way around.

I really need to get one. I have to do 3G/4G uplink testing with Aruba Networks RAPs, but I don't want to sign a 2 year contract for a product that I don't want.

I believe it passed the FCC test last month, which means there has been more than enough time to release it. It has been around since last December!

Who knows.

0 Likes
Xirillic
0 Likes
Novatel MiFi 4510L - Powers down, needs reboot
notsogeeky

I have a Novatel 4510 4g that I'm using to run a LAN. When I'm actively going out to the internet, it works fine. At night and early in the morning, it's fast. It slows down a lot as the day goes on. But I'm in a place where the only other option is satellite, and it's much faster than my satellite.  

My problem is that if I don't go out to the internet for about 30 minutes, it drops the connection and won't automatically reconnect when I try to load a webpage again. It acts like it powers down into sleep mode, but it won't power back up without a full reboot - which is a pain. I changed the power settings to "Never" go to sleep, but it hasn't changed a thing. This isn't an issue of minor wobbles. Those it handles OK. But when it thinks I'm done with the internet, it fully disconnects and won't reconnect without a reboot.

How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Novatel MiFi 4510L - Powers down, needs reboot
ttpiper

This is quickly becoming a major problem and Verizon knows it. You can not expect customers to have to reboot  their MIFI 4510 everytime they want to use a connected device.

I wanted to use this MIFI 4510 as part of a remote monitoring  system for a new off-grid solar system. I had tested the unit in my house and noticed it disconnecting from the verizon network on its own with no warning. I called Verizon Tech support and got to a tech who agreed it was a Verizon network issue and they would look into it. A week later and still no info on the problem. The fact that so many people are experiencing this same problem, Verizon has to find a solution, hopefully soon.

On the off chance that Verizon fixed the "network" issue, I set my remote system up with the MIFI along with 3 solid bars and before I could get home, which was 2 hrs away. the MIFI had gone down. I knew it was down because I couldn't VPN into my remote machine. 

0 Likes
ebjjjm

Having the same problem with power down. I am using wall charger and it still randomly shuts off.  Power option is set to "never". Some times it stays up for hours then just OFF!  I've also found that if using it on battery only and returning it to wall charger the wifi service shuts down but Verizon signal still on and good strength. Unplug from charger and up it comes. Back to charger it goes down. Many reboots later up again? Only a few days left on my 14 day return option so any help would be much appreciated. Oh, only have 3G service this time.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Is the issue happening in 3G only? Are you connected to one computer or more than one? 

You can try setting up a constant ping to see if you can stay connected. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow up on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lessardrp

I am having this same issue. The 4510L MIFI works fine but at semi random times, the device goes into what looks like a sleep mode. The purple light turns amber and the WIFI radio stops broadcasting. This is on AC power so I see no reason whatsoever that this should happen.

We have a very simple configuration file on this device right now:

802.11b/g

EVDO/RTT

Never power down

The issue has happened on 3 MIFI devices WIFI-paired with multiple laptops.

The one thing I did notice in the configuration file that seems like an aberation is a missing power related XML line. In the old MIFI 2200 series model, the configuration file had 2 power related settings as follows:

</WiFi>
<Power>
<acpower>0</acpower>
<batpower>0</batpower>
</Power>

In the new 4510L model it reads as follows:

</WiFi>
<Power>
<batpower>0</batpower>
</Power>

The fact that we are having issues on AC power and the fact that this same line is not present in the 4510L model configuration file seems way beyound coincedence. There is no associated GUI setting for the AC power setting when you web into the device. On one spare device, I attempted to manually add that line to the configuration file, but after being uploaded, the line is taken out by the device.

Please invenstigate the necessity of this configuration setting and roll it into a firmware update ASAP. We have first responders trying to use this technology in their vehicles to receive 911 dispatch calls and we desparately need this thing stable.

0 Likes