MiFi 4510L
bama2

my new mifi 4510L has good signal strength. i use it with a dell lap top which has windows 7/ intel pentium. problem; it keeps disconnecting from internet explorer with a message;; internet eplorer closed webpage to protect computer. a malfunction or a malicious add-on has caused internet explorer to close. i have two protection plans in place on the computer.  is there a factory fault that we are not told about when you purchase this unit.  bama2

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L
ipodjockey

I would return the MIFI ASAP. There are problems with the firmware and I don't think there will be a fix. I have been dinking around for weeks and still not found a solution.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Bama,

No one has reported a problem like yours on this forum yet. 

To my knowledge, the MiFi does have issues disconnecting but it does not cause IE (or any browser) to crash.  Those two events sound unrelated.  To me it sounds more like your IE is corrupted  or a bad website as opposed to a disconnection issue with the MiFi.  I would try to install a 2nd browser or reinstall IE to see if there are any consistencies.  Try to see if you are actually getting disconnected as opposed to there being an issue with your browser.  Check your network connection when the problem happens and see if you have actually been disconnected from the MiFi.

0 Likes
Not applicable

bama2.

Hi! I sorry about the experience you are having. I know its important for a new product to work properly. Have you been able to try another browser other than the Internet Explorer? Like Chrome, FireFox, etc. You can also attempt to clear cache and cookies history from your IE browser. I do recommend checking for updates on the IE browser also.  I have not found concerns related to this situation using the MiFi 4510L. Please advise if the issue is resolved. If it continues to happen I am happy to assist.

Thank you!

0 Likes