MiFi 4510l and VZAccess Manager
tjubb

Having a heck of a time with 2 new MiFi's.  I upgraded to the 4G 4510l on 2 exisiting lines on my account replacing older 3g MiFi's.  These devices would not activate via the automated activation line.  Brought them into the local VZ store where they were purchased.  No go, they said I need to call tech support.  Something about terms of service or conditions.  I didn't fully understandt the explanation.  Tech support says the devices are already activated.  Not true.  I am unable to  get a wifi connection to the device but not out to the Internet.  When I connect to the MiFi's web gui, you can see it trying to connect to the VZ network and then it says disconnected a few seconds later.  I get a solid purple led light meaning 4g is detected but is not connected to the VZ network.  Hmm, sounds like it's not activated despite being told otherwise.

After tech support said these devices were already activated I tried to setup a My Verizon account for them.  Had to create a new My Verizon account because these devices were transferred to a business account.  In order to get the temporary password for the new My Verizon account I was instructed to open VZ Access Manager to retireve the text message with the password.  One problem, the 4510l is not supported in VZ ACCESS MANAGER!!!!  At least that is what I'm finding when Googling "MiFi4510l VZAccess Manager".   So, how the heck do they expect me to get the text message with the password if it's not compatible with vzam?

Beyond miffed!  EVERY SINGLE MIFI/usb device I've ever purchased from Verizon has had activation problems.  Our business has been through 8 mobile data devices over the last few years (new lines, upgrades, etc.) and not a ONE has ever activated without a HUGE hassle like this!

So, in review, how do I retireve a text message from a 4510l that does not connect to VZ Access Manager?  Why are these devices not activating and why is tech support telling me they are activated?

Annoyed in VA!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 4510l and VZAccess Manager
Not applicable

With devices that do not use the VZ Access Manager, the only way to get that temporary password for My Verizon is the U.S. Mail.

When the page opens to send the temp. password, you will want to choose the option to have it mailed out to you.  

Once you receive that password, you will want to log in with it. Then you will be prompted to change the password permanently.

I sure hope this info helps you to register for My Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

If you are still having problems, please reply to the private message that I am sending you.  I will call you to provide troubleshooting assistance. 

0 Likes
ChadPA

Is there a solution to this problem ?  I'm stuck in the exact same bind.   Can't receive the temporary password on the device.  Please help !

0 Likes
Not applicable

With devices that do not use the VZ Access Manager, the only way to get that temporary password for My Verizon is the U.S. Mail.

When the page opens to send the temp. password, you will want to choose the option to have it mailed out to you.  

Once you receive that password, you will want to log in with it. Then you will be prompted to change the password permanently.

I sure hope this info helps you to register for My Verizon.

0 Likes
camerusa

Hi I'm afraid this is not working for me. I received my password on the mail. It was not working and I've looked up my account. I did ask for another password to be sent but until that day I have nothing nada in my mail box. This is just ridiculous VZ! This exactly the wrong way to deal with such issue. Putting the burden of an unwise VZ procedure on your customers?

Bottom line, almost two weeks after opening up my mifi account I can't go online (web) and check my usage.

Amazing !!!

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

The reason VZAM cannot support these new 4G MiFi devices is that neither samsung or novatel have supplied USB communications sup0port (drivers) for these devices. There are two types of drivers that can be written to support usb communications between a front end like VZAM (or the windows network manager) and the MiFi: modem-dialup (PPP) drivers, or network (NDIS mode) drivers and on older devices they were either rolled into VZAM or burned into the device's ROM and loaded onto the PC when first plugged in so VZAM can find them.

They simply ARENT there in these new 4G devices. So no communications via USB connection to get text messages in VZAM.  And until these drivers appear or are supplied with future devices, I am NOT touching these bricks with a ten foot pole.

0 Likes