MiFi Contract?
ms960

I'm currently on a Verizon voice plan, but am paying month-to-month as my contract has run it's course.  If I buy the MiFi at a contract price, will that in any way affect my contract for my phones?  ARe they entirely seperate contracts, or does the purchase of a MiFi at the 2-yr contract price going to also trigger a new 2-yr contract for my phones as well?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi Contract?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Each line has its own separate contract. So what you do on one line or a new line will not affect any of the other lines; they're all independent of each other. So if you get the MiFi your other voice lines will remain out of contract until you upgrade those specific lines.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Each line has its own separate contract. So what you do on one line or a new line will not affect any of the other lines; they're all independent of each other. So if you get the MiFi your other voice lines will remain out of contract until you upgrade those specific lines.
0 Likes
ms960
Thanks very much.  That answers my question.
0 Likes
rah70

I signed up for a MIFI, and unfortunately it only worked marginally where i live. I had nothing but trouble with it and called in a trouble ticket and everything.  The only solution they gave me was to put it in my window.  After signing the contract i was extremely frustrated with the service. I messed with it for a few months, and then could not take it back.   WHen i explained to verizon my problem that it doesnt work at my house, the only solution they gave me was to pay the $175 to get out of my contract take the mifi off my plan.  After much negotiating I was able to get them to let me out of the contract for $80 on a device that was nothing but a frustration.  After all that, i had a rep on the phone tell me "they should have loaned you the device before they had you sign a contract to see if it worked", and then went on to say, "I am suprised they didn't offer you a free signal amplifier so the device would work".  Evidently it was MY job to explore these options, all they wanted was the "sale" when i was in the store. GRRR

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers are closed for the day. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes