MiFi Wireless Card
MrTv

Constant disconnects, sometimes very hard to reconnect.

Usually very slow. I have an HP Pavilion Home premiium with 4 G memory and a 500 G hard drive

running Windows 7. The dial-up that I replace was faster than this thing.

It was grossly over stated and did not come close to living up to what I was told when I bought it.

I am think of getting rid of it and telling my credit card company to to honor any more payments

to Verizon unless one of their updates can fix it. I have downloaded all the updates which, of course,

subtracts from the permitted usage. I was told that unless I downloaded tons of movies that the

5 Gigbyte usage limit would be plenty, it is not. I download nothing and there is not much

of the usage limit left at the end of the month. I would give this a one star rating if they had

a rating system on it. I guess I should have red the reviews before I bought it.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi Wireless Card
pennyz

Tonight is my first time on my "new" MiFi Network.   I am on here searching for answers, because I can not believe how slow this thing is.  I was hoping that I was doing something wrong.   I really hope this slow, slow speed is something that can be fixed, and not the norm.   I'm not a happy camper tonight.   Dail up would be faster than this.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

MrTv wrote:

Constant disconnects, sometimes very hard to reconnect.

Usually very slow. I have an HP Pavilion Home premiium with 4 G memory and a 500 G hard drive

running Windows 7. The dial-up that I replace was faster than this thing.

It was grossly over stated and did not come close to living up to what I was told when I bought it.

I am think of getting rid of it and telling my credit card company to to honor any more payments

to Verizon unless one of their updates can fix it. I have downloaded all the updates which, of course,

subtracts from the permitted usage. I was told that unless I downloaded tons of movies that the

5 Gigbyte usage limit would be plenty, it is not. I download nothing and there is not much

of the usage limit left at the end of the month. I would give this a one star rating if they had

a rating system on it. I guess I should have red the reviews before I bought it.

If it is all that slow it's hard to believe that you could use anywhere near 5 GB!

When you connect to the network tethered the Verizon Access Manager should tell you the network you are connected to. If you use it via WiFi you can find out by pointing your browser to http://192.168.1.1. If it says the connection is 1xRTT then yes, it will be slower than a dialup modem. If it says EVDO then you you should be getting 350kbps to 1.3 mbps.

0 Likes
MrTv

I don't use it tethered.

It's strange because when I download it is always seems

pretty fast.

But when I am surfing the web it is very slow, a lot of

times after I have been waiting for a couple of minutes,

not exagerating, I go to another site then come back

to the site I want.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1. – Ensure you are getting a proper signal. Instruction article below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27220

Step 2. If the signal in step 1 is not adequate, try relocating the device. *Something in the immediate area could be causing an interference with your signal.

Step 3 – Update the device. Tether the device with your computer and follow the instructions given in the article below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=14636

Step 4 – Try restarting the computer.

Step 5 – Try resetting the device (instruction given in the article below)

***Performing a hard reset will return the device to factory default settings.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=23749

0 Likes
CountByte

Thank you for the diagnostics reference.  I have been loosing connectivity quite frequently for the past couple months.  I purchased this device to use on the road and switched off my home DSL connection.  I have been frustrated and now know the reason.   After looking at the modem diagnostics screen, my signal is hovering around -93 dBm and occasionally bumps over -95 dBm.  I've tried relocating the device all over the house and this is the best connection I can get.

I've read about Bi-Directional amplifier's from www.wilsonelectronics.com and am thinking about ordering one.  If they truly work as advertised, then my connectivity problems should resolve.  This may resolve many of the connectivity problems encountered by other users.

Question:  Has anyone else tried setting up a cellular amplifier?  If so, do they actually work as advertised?   They're not cheap, so I didn't want to take the plunge unless it's worthwhile. 

Count Byte

0 Likes