MiFi issues-DO NOT BUY
rosie56

I have now had 4 Mi Fi's since August 2011.

The first one lasted less than 3 months (It was brand new) Spent half hour on the phone troubleshooting.

I was sent a "certified preowned like new"-it lasted less that 4 months when a connection came loose-I was  sent another "certified preowned like new".

This one did not work-spent a half hour on the phone troubleshooting-paid $12.99 to have another one shipped over night which arrived 3 days later. This one  (another ceritified preowned like new)did not work either-I spent an hour on the phone troubleshooting it- I asked to be released from my contract or sent a new one- I was told that they  would have to put in a "work order" and would call me in 2 or 3 days- I asked how much time I would have to spend on the phone this time and was not given an answer.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE. (they also suddedly turn off)

0 Likes
Re: MiFi issues-DO NOT BUY
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Rosie,

Could you elaborate for the rest of us what your problem was? 

You mention the Mifi did not last and did not work but any extra details you can spare would be very helpful for the rest of us so we can compare currently known issues and document new ones.  Anyone who has gone through 4 mifi's in 8 months must have a pretty serious issue we could learn from.

For example common issues with the MiFi are disconnections from VZW, disconnections from local devices, slow speeds and failure to handoff between 3G and 4G.

0 Likes
rosie56

I didn't go thru 4 MiFi's-the last 2 were broken when they were sent.

The first one quit staying connected for more than a minute or so.

The second one -where you connect the cord just came loose.

I don't have "serious issues" - the problem is obviously with the devices-not me.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I hope my posting wasn't taken out of context.  Not trying to insult anyone here, my appologies if I did.

So it sounds like there was a disconnection issue on one of the MiFi's.  The other it sounds like there was a hardware connection issue on the USB cable/port.  One of the MiFi's, perhaps some or all of them shutdown on you without warning  too.  Thanks for the clarification.

Out of curiousity were you in a 3G only area or mixed 3G/4G?

0 Likes
rosie56

zip code 47203-Columbus Indiana - mixed I think

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

47203 appears to be a 3G only area.  Atleast according to the Coverage Locator App it is, who knows whenever that was last updated.

Thanks again for sharing!

0 Likes