MiFi question
johnmatula

I have a MY-Fi and I have a 10G plan.  Sometimes, well ok, quite frequently, I'll be using it and it will drop my connection.  Even if I'm in a website and typing something, like on facebook for example.  It will just drop the connection.  Why does this do that?  It's very frustrating, and since I'm paying for it, and very seldom use the entire amount, why can't it work right.  I was told by a Verizon representative that it happens because they're trying to get converted over to 4G.  Not what I'm paying for now, even though I have a 4G signal.  I want it to work now too.  It's what I'm paying for now.  At $80 per month, you'd think something would work right.

Moved to the Broadband & Netbook Community for more exposure

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: MiFi question
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Try the common solutions for MiFi disconnections first.  Post back your findings and we can isolate your disconnections further from there.

Common solutions:

1. Update firmware to 2.23
  2. Lower your MiFi to B/G down from B/G/N
  3. Lower your MiFi to 3G only connections
  4. Reset your MiFi to the defaults
  5. Reseat your SIM card
  6. Attach an external Antenna
  7. Purchase a car booster kit from Wilson Electronics
  8. Power down your MiFi when not in use
  9. Store your MiFi in an area where it is not exposed to extreme heat or cold
  10. Try different locations and look for consistencies or gaps in service
  11. Replace the MiFi under warranty
0 Likes
Re: MiFi question
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi johnmatula!

I agree, you should definitely be getting what you're paying for.  I would like to assist.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps John Gretzke suggested, and if so, what were the results of your testing?  I want to ensure your device is working as it should.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes