Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
MiFi texting
kmgreens

I see that the MiFi has texting, is that included in the service and why does it not work wirelessly?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi texting
MorganB

The Verizon Wireless MiFi 2200 is 2-Way Text Messaging capable; however, you will be billed at $0.20 per message sent / received. You can add a text message package to the line at any time. We offer the following text message packages:

• $5/ 250 messages
  • $10/500 messages + unlimited mobile to mobile messaging
  • $20/5,000 messages + unlimited mobile to mobile messaging

*overage: $0.10msg sent/ $0.10 msg received

The text messaging feature for the MiFi2200 is through the VZAccess Manager. The messages are sent/received from the "TXT" tab within the VZAccess Manager, that is why the feature is not wireless.

HTH :smileyhappy:,

0 Likes
hirevi

I am trying to register with Verizon, so I can access my account online.  I got my username just fine, but the registration process says it will send a txt message with password to my device.  Obviously, with a wifi2200 there is no way to read a text mssg.  So I installed the VZAccess Manager, since the site says that's the way to get my password.  FINALLY after literally about 30 tries, I got the VZAccess Manager downloaded.  BUT THERE IS NO TXT MESSAGING TAB!!  How do I get that TXTMessaging tab?  How do I get my password for my account?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

P.S. Please don't tell me to add TXT messaging to my account, because I can't access my account because I don't have a password because I don't have a TXT messaging tab so that I can add TXT messaging.

I tried phoning Verizon, but that was so unbelievably useless-- I got disconected from the auto operator 3 times, and never was there any chance of talking to a real person.  The entire menu was automated.  I think the only way to work with Verizon is either through their website (for which I need that password!) or to go into a Verizon shop.

0 Likes
dcd

Did you ever find an answer for this. I am having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy.  Why cant they just send us the password via email.  I know it is registered with the VZManager. Verizon has the worst support service I have ever experienced. After my contract is up, i am definitely changing service providers.  

0 Likes
wasted-time

Ditto, having same problem. Mt VZaccess mgr used to have a txt messaging tab, but after downloading an update it seems to have switched that tab for a Wi-fi locations tab. Need help so I can pay bill.

0 Likes