MiFi2200
vyoung022

I am very disappointed in the MiFi 2200. I continue to get dropped from the network throughout login sessions.  I can not stream videos or use Skype because the connection is so poor.  I have tried calling technical support without any resolution.  

I have been a customer of Verizon for many years and would not consider changing providers for my phone service.  However, I may have to eat the cancellation fee for the MiFi. 

If anyone is experiencing similar issues and has found an answer please respond. 

0 Likes
Re: MiFi2200
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try clicking on options and selecting activation to update the software. 

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some additional information below that may help.

The MiFi 2200 works on a 3g network, therefore signal would be a deciding factor in its performance.

Step 1 – Try updating the device. To update the device you will need to plug the USB cable into the MiFi unit and your personal computer. Once it is plugged in, and VZ Access manager recognizes the device, run activation.

***To run activation on VZ Access manager click on the options tab at the top. Once open select activation (this process may take 45 seconds to 2 minutes to complete). I have given the instruction article below:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=14636

Step 2 – Check the signal strength of your device. I have given the instruction article below:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=23853

Step 3 – If the signal indication from step 2 is not adequate, try relocating the device. (Something in the immediate location could be affecting the service received)

Step 4 – Try resetting the device. I have given an instruction article below on how to reset the device.

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=23749

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem. I have done all of these steps several times. My current signal strength is -68 dbm. My current firmware version is 1.59. I have done a reset to factory settings.  Yet my MiFi still disconnects every few minutes. It does this on both WiFi and tethered. Each time it disconnects it reconnects with a different IP address.

I have had this problem for better than a year, with no resolution. Other MiFi devices in my immediate vicinity do NOT have this problem. So I most likely have a defective device. But have no idea how to get it fixed (if it is even possible). Calling tech support has not gotten a resolution either.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

OK, I have some interesting information from experiments I have done. Bottom line: the problem is my computer, not the MiFi!

1. I tried a colleague's MiFi with my computer and I had the same problem. HIS MiFi kept disconnecting when my computer was connected to it. It did not when used with only his computer.

2. I tried my MiFi with a different computer. It doesn't disconnect. It has been running for 4 hours without an interruption.

I still don't know WHY my computer causes the problem. That will require additional research.

best regards,

Larry

0 Likes