Mifi 2200 - Error 691: Connection Failed - Access was denied ...
PN

I have set up a Mifi 2200. It CAN work great. Intermittently though, I can't get connected wheen using the device as a USB modem. It will ALWAYS connect fine when I connect through Wifi.

The error I get: Mifi 2200 - Error 691: Connection Failed - Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid in the domain.

I have done all the usual things:

1. Reinstalled the VZAccess Manager software including latest update. I am at 7.3.13.1 (2635a)

2. Obtained all latest Windows updates (XP SP2).

3. Removed, replaced, manually, auto-configured a Dial Up Connection many times.

4. Replaced the USB to microUSB cable.

I found the VZAccess Managers diagnostic tool where you press CTRL-D and enter the password diagvzw and see some additional settings.

There I had a minor break through. There is a setting where I can force the modem to only use 1X. If I do that, I connect every time without fail. No problems, no errors. The moment I put that setting back to Auto or forced EVDO, I fail again, or only work every 20th try or so after a reboot of the device etc.

Is anyone else seeing this, or getting this error? It can't be an account issue since it works sometimes on EVDO and ALWAYS fine on 1X.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

PN

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 2200 - Error 691: Connection Failed - Access was denied ...
PN

I think I have an update that might be a clue that it IS an Verizon issue either with the device itself or at the towers.

I have determined that when I connect to it through WiFi where I mentioned it seems to ALWAYS work. Well, it always works in 1X mode there. It fails in EVDO mode.

Something up at the towers? Although multiple towers have been tried.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Likes