Re: Mifi 2200 Firmware update not available?
DaveMertz

I think that an earlier verion of VZ Access Manager (perhaps 7.0.10 2364a) did prompt to initiate the MiFi firmware update, although I never tried that VZAM update because I was afraid to mess with something that was already working to my satisfaction.  Sounds like the firmware-update prompt has been dropped with the latest version of VZAM.

Dave

0 Likes
ciparis

I tried the default that it shipped with (7.0.xx) and the latest version. The default couldn't even detect than an update for VZAccess was available, let alone a firmware update. The latest version can't detect a firmware update either.

I just got this Mifi 2200; it's running 1.25, and it is behaving oddly, refusing to charge sometimes, requesting to update network info over and over. Not being able to find the firmware update is very frustrating.

0 Likes
StephenPT

I'm still not able to update the firmware from 125 to 135. The procedure posted by 13thDisciple doesn't work for me. There is no "Firmware Updates" directory on my computer and there is no "Verizon Wireless MiFi-2200 Firmware Updates" under my "All Programs" section.

Is this Firmware update tool something that must be downloaded seperately from VZ Access Manager? If so, I'm not finding it on VZW's download page...

0 Likes
timb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey guys, I had this issue as well and ended up solving it.

I ran the latest VZAM installer (VZAM_7.2.7_2462a_MiFi2200-Web.exe) through a Mac program called FileJuicer. This allowed me to extract the installer ZIP from the executable, which I then unzipped and found the following file: MiFi-2200 Firmware Updates.msi

Running that installed the 139 firmware installer to "C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\Firmware Updates\Novatel\"...

I'm not exactly sure why this isn't installed with the rest of the VZAM software.

That said, I've gone ahead and uploaded the "MiFi-2200 Firmware Updates.msi" package to my personal server for everyone to use. Just download and install, then the next time you start VZAM, it should prompt you for the firmware upgrade like normal.

http://timb.us/mirror/MiFi-2200 Firmware Updates.msi

0 Likes
StephenPT

Thank you so much for figuring this out and making the download available! I did exactly as you said, downloaded the .msi file from your server, installed it and next time I started VZAM the firmware update was available!!! 

Thanks again! 

0 Likes
cch

Thanks timb!  That worked fine when Verizon's instructions did not.  Irritating that Verizon's software is not consistent.

0 Likes
cthomaswilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been a long time since you posted this, so you probably found out that the Firmware Updater doesn't support Macintosh.  Here it is only three years later and Verizon is still in the middle ages of technology.  It's a very small investment to write a Mac version of the updater .... probably a lot smaller than the value of the business they aren't getting from Mac users.

0 Likes