Mifi 2200 - Wifi Disconnects
tl_dl

I have a Mifi 2200 device and for the last week, the wifi has been constantly disconnecting.  It will disconnect, then reset itself and be back on.

My husband spoke with a Verizon rep yesterday and after going through some troubleshooting (reset the device, take battery out) we are still having the same problem.  I went to the admin page and make sure the standby power option was set to never.

Is this a common occurance? Are there any more troubleshooting steps available?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi 2200 - Wifi Disconnects
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

tl_dl wrote:

I have a Mifi 2200 device and for the last week, the wifi has been constantly disconnecting.  It will disconnect, then reset itself and be back on.

My husband spoke with a Verizon rep yesterday and after going through some troubleshooting (reset the device, take battery out) we are still having the same problem.  I went to the admin page and make sure the standby power option was set to never.

Is this a common occurrence? Are there any more troubleshooting steps available?

Hi Tl_dl,

The Mifi 2200 is set to disconnect after being dormant after 30 minutes. This is so you are not using up all of your data, especially if there are multiple devices connected. It will show a solid green light telling you that 4G service is available but not connected or connected while dormant. 

Here is a link to the manual for this device, which explains this information. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5633

Additionally, you are able to extend the 30 minutes by following these steps:

• Access the Administration Page.
  • From the Home screen, navigate Advanced > Power.
    Advanced menu Power
  • From the Battery Power section, select an Enter Standby Mode setting then select Apply.
    • Never
    • After 2 minutes idle time
    • After 5 minutes idle time
    • After 10 minutes idle time
    • After 20 minutes idle time
    • After 30 minutes idle time
    • After 40 minutes idle time
    • After 50 minutes idle time
    • After 60 minutes idle time
    Power Management

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smoore729

For the past month or so my has been disconnecting also like every 30 minutes. It does reconnect automatically but if it happens to disconnect when I am trying to submit something it says not connected to internet. This is very frustrating. I have not talked to Verizon about this yet but will be very soon as I work from home and NEED reliable internet connection!!

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

When I had a MiFi 2200 I had this problem with my Windows XP laptop. Most of the 2 dozen MiFi users in my office had similar problems. When I got a Macbook Air the problem went away. It could just be coincidence, but...

Now I have the Samsung LC11 4G LTE hotspot. The problem is back, even with the MBA. However, with the LC11 it only occurs moving, when I move between 4G and 3G coverage. This is a known network problem.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

tl_dl wrote:

Is this a common occurrence? Are there any more troubleshooting steps available?

Hi Tl_dl,

The Mifi 2200 is set to disconnect after being dormant after 30 minutes. This is so you are not using up all of your data, especially if there are multiple devices connected. It will show a solid green light telling you that 4G service is available but not connected or connected while dormant. 

Here is a link to the manual for this device, which explains this information. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5633

Additionally, you are able to extend the 30 minutes by following these steps:

• Access the Administration Page.
  • From the Home screen, navigate Advanced > Power.
    Advanced menu Power
  • From the Battery Power section, select an Enter Standby Mode setting then select Apply.
    • Never
    • After 2 minutes idle time
    • After 5 minutes idle time
    • After 10 minutes idle time
    • After 20 minutes idle time
    • After 30 minutes idle time
    • After 40 minutes idle time
    • After 50 minutes idle time
    • After 60 minutes idle time
    Power Management
0 Likes
awfgolferguy

I was having these same problems with my Mifi 2200. I tried all the updates and new firmware with no results. Today once again I was experience the same problems. I was looking around in the mifi settings and set the connection to open, which leaves your mifi without a password to share the connection. After doing this and changing the power settings to never I have not had any further connection issues!

Heres how I did it:

Type http://192.168.1.1 in your web browser.

Type admin next to the login button on the top right of the page, then click log in.

Under WLAN on the home tab, click the drop down box that says secure and select open, then push apply.

Select power under the advanced tab and click the drop down box and select never.

Push apply and close the window.

Hopefully this helps you guys like it did me! I would make sure your mifi is off when your not using it though due to it not being password or passcode protected!

0 Likes