Mifi 2200
Eander5696
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello, I have recently bought a mifi 2200, have tried to install it on my HP Vista laptop, my work HP XP laptop, and a Dell HP desktop unit.  I was only able to get the unit to launch the vZAccess Manager software on my HP Vista unit.  Unfortunately I was unable to install due to a 1720 installer error.  Ive removed and reset my Windows Installer Utility, install/uninstall three times, did the MS Cleanup utility a few times,  have turned the UAC on/off, and still cannot get the program to work. Below is the message.   Anyone have any advice on this? im at my wits end.

"Error 1720: Problem with Windows Installer Package. Script could not run. Custom ActionUnInstallDrivers 32.5F1DC02E_0598_4666_8B42-4C5AA41526BB-Scprit error 2147024894 .Line 3. Column 1.  "

Weird thing is that on the other two machines, Dell desktop and HP laptop, I cannot even get the system to launch the VZAccess Manager installation program when I plug in the unit via USB.  any advice on a command or a way to force the system to launch the program from the mifi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi 2200
Eander5696
Enthusiast - Level 1

I resolved my own issue, thought I would post here for others who are struggling.

After trying to install on yet another PC, installing the software directly from the MIFI (as a drive via the explore feature) , the software did not recognize the equipment.  i did reinstall, restarts, cleanups, etc etc. Nothing.  So, I went out to vzam.net and installed a prior version of the software, and it worked like a charm.  Im not sure if it was a conflict with XP or Vista, but my frustration level was high enough to want to return this and go with another method.

I used version 7.13.13, and flew right thru setup, installation and activation. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 2200
Eander5696
Enthusiast - Level 1

I resolved my own issue, thought I would post here for others who are struggling.

After trying to install on yet another PC, installing the software directly from the MIFI (as a drive via the explore feature) , the software did not recognize the equipment.  i did reinstall, restarts, cleanups, etc etc. Nothing.  So, I went out to vzam.net and installed a prior version of the software, and it worked like a charm.  Im not sure if it was a conflict with XP or Vista, but my frustration level was high enough to want to return this and go with another method.

I used version 7.13.13, and flew right thru setup, installation and activation. 

0 Likes