Mifi 4510 to connect computer to wireless printer
papa47

Does anyone know if you can use the mifi to connect to a wireless printer an if so, how?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi 4510 to connect computer to wireless printer
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes.  The MiFi 4510L can be used to connect to a wireless printer.  See your printer's User Manual for instructions on how to complete a "Network" or "Wireless" installation.  No extra configuration of the MiFi should be necessary.  The MiFi will act the same way as your home router in this situation.

Contact your printer manufacturer for more help with the installation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes.  The MiFi 4510L can be used to connect to a wireless printer.  See your printer's User Manual for instructions on how to complete a "Network" or "Wireless" installation.  No extra configuration of the MiFi should be necessary.  The MiFi will act the same way as your home router in this situation.

Contact your printer manufacturer for more help with the installation.

0 Likes
AHepburn

I had no problem connecting mine - seems like it automatically found the signal and connected. But the mifi has to be in the same room to make the connection. I had the mifi in another room (about 20 feet away, through a standard drywall wall) and it wouldn't connect. Once the connection is made I can move the mifi and it stays connected...

0 Likes
papa47

Thanks

0 Likes
rico567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our Linksys WRT45G wireless router just automatically links to the printer (a Brother HL2170W). Nothing I've tried will make the MIFI 4510L link to it. I've gotten into the advanced menus in the 4510 and changed the WPA, etc. according to your recommendations elsewhere, to no effect. I've accessed the printer through a web browser, and have the SSID, MAC, and IP#, but neither device can see the other. The Brother site recommends using certain "connect mode" standards, such as "WiFi Protected Setup" or "AOSS," but all I can do is activate the setup process on the printer. I can't find out if the MIFI 4510 either supports these standards, or how to activate them on the MIFI. I have tried this process with the MIFI at varying distances from the printer, including sitting on it.

0 Likes