Re: Mifi 4510L Disconnects at night....question
wmhjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, John, your statement is unfortunately not correct.  What I'm now seeing is that even if I set the 4150L to only connect to LTE networks, it disregards that setting and will connect at EVDO sometimes.  I have screen shots to that effect.  There are multiple other issues associated with it.  In my opinion, VZ has not significantly improved any of the core issues of this device and network in any measurable way.  I've grown accustomed at this point to the completely unacceptable level of value of the 4150 - and the corresponding total lack of support by Verizon.  The only good thing is that I am responsible for a very significant spend for VZ (we are a top 10 US customer) on both wireless and wireline services, and have started to apply pressure based on my vocal lack of satisfaction in that regard.  VZ mistakenly suggested the use of their LTE network for a large initiative (probably involving around 8000 users to start) and I was able to bring up the failures as background as to why we will not even entertain their solution, costing them significant revenue on an annual basis.  The one good thing about the consumerization of technology into corporate solutions is that the overlap can now also bleed the other way, where when a company such as Verizon treats its customers so poorly and fails to properly engineer and support products such as the 4150, then senior decision makers such as myself can use the "stick" of handing over millions in revenue to a competitor.  Quite clearly, in this case the nature of how Verizon is dealing with this issue prevented them from even competing for millions in revenue annually.  Hopefully that message will become more common and will hope to drive a realization that they can no longer hide.

0 Likes