Mifi2200 can't connect to internet
dcbowen

I can't connect to the internet.  I have excellent service - five bars; however, it is saying that there is no internet connection.  I don't know what to do.  I have a brand new Gateway laptop that I'm using.  Could someone please help me?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi2200 can't connect to internet
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dcbowen wrote:

I can't connect to the internet.  I have excellent service - five bars; however, it is saying that there is no internet connection.  I don't know what to do.  I have a brand new Gateway laptop that I'm using.  Could someone please help me?  Thanks!

Please ensure that you have the latest software version for your computer system. You can find the latest software at the link below:

VZAccess Manager Software

Try removing and reinstalling the VZAccess Manager software from your computer. For more online support and an online copy of your device's manual please visit the link below:

MiFi™2200 Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dcbowen wrote:

Please ensure that you have the latest software version for your computer system. You can find the latest software at the link below:

VZAccess Manager Software

Try removing and reinstalling the VZAccess Manager software from your computer. For more online support and an online copy of your device's manual please visit the link below:

MiFi™2200 Support

0 Likes
markge60

Hello,

I am having a similar problem both with my laptop and iPod Touch.  Is there any software I can download for the iPod Touch like the VZAcess software?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

dcbowen wrote:

You need to activate the MiFi.

You can do that via VZAcess Manager, but I activated mine by connecting via WiFi, using the SSID and "password" noted on the sticker on the unit.

Then, connecting to the default IP address http://192.168.1.1 and logged in with the default password of admin.

I was presented with a screen that asked me to activate.

I forget the details of that operation, which doesn't seem to be documented online, but then I was able to use the MiFi.

I think it is a wonderful gadget, and could have saved the money I paid for iPad 3G verses WiFi if I had known.

I have connected to Windows 7, iPad, iPod Touch, and Blackberry without VZAcess Manager.

--

Clarence

0 Likes