Mifi2200/wireless networking
plannerman

I'm sure this is not a new question, so if someone who knows how to search this forum better than I can can point me to the answer, I would appreciate it.

I'm using a Mifi 2200 for broadband internet access where there are no other options. Single computer running Windows 7-64 bit. With the Mifi plugged into the USB port it worked OK. I added a wireless printer to the setup and tried to use the Mifi wifi feature to connect the computer to the Mifi as well as the printer. Long story short, the additional radio link made the 3g connection so unreliable as to be virtually unusable. So I plugged the Mifi back into the USB port and added a Linksys wrt54g wireless access point so I could print. Everything is now working but it seems a little clugey, and I would really like wireless access to the internet for a wifi Ipad. Is there any way to connect the Mifi and Linksys router to provide that access? BTW I have the wireless access point connected to the computer via eithernet

plannerman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi2200/wireless networking
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You need an MBR95, then you can tether your MIFI2200 directly into the router or use the WIFI as WAN feature to get the internet , the rest of your wireless devices & ethernet devices would connect to the MBR95.  It will also give the ability to open ports to get an open NAT

http://www.3gstore.com/mbr95

View solution in original post

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You need an MBR95, then you can tether your MIFI2200 directly into the router or use the WIFI as WAN feature to get the internet , the rest of your wireless devices & ethernet devices would connect to the MBR95.  It will also give the ability to open ports to get an open NAT

http://www.3gstore.com/mbr95

0 Likes
plannerman

Thanks.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

plannerman

0 Likes