Mifi5510L
brass43

Good Morning!  I upgraded to the 5510L thinking it would be faster than the previous one.  Cost me $30 to activate and is no better yhan the other one.  The problem is there is only 3G in our area.  I tried to send it back and see if i could cancel the 2 year contract, but it had to be within 14 days!   I am really sick and tired of paying all the money and getting such poor service.  Can't watch video or you tube, because they are so slow and reload constantly; games keep stopping, sticking and have to refresh.  I feel i really got screwed and Verizon should offer a break for those of us that only have 3G in the area!

0 Likes
Re: Mifi5510L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

3G is going to be 3G no matter what device you are using.  You will only notice a difference in performance once 4G LTE is extended to your area, which is something Verizon will eventually do for thier entire 3G footprint.  Its only a matter of time before they extend 4G LTE to your area.

Can you navigate out to www.speedtest.net for us and gather some speed statistics?  A normal 3G reception should be between 1Mbps and 3Mbps for download.  Anything below that might suggest that your device is suffering from an issue which may be correctable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brass43, Good morning to you as well! As John_Getzke stated, you'll notice a difference in speeds once 4G is added to your area. We are still on track for having 4G coverage everywhere we currently offer 3G by the end of 2013. Visit http://bit.ly/xVecuo to sign-up for alerts to find out when it will be added to your area. Your new device will allow you to access 4G in your area once it's available.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brass43

Yes, I know that, but my complaint is why is it taking so long?  It will be 2 years in November since we first got our 4G MiFi, with promises of lightening speeds, etc.!  It was misleading and of course I upgraded recently to the new MiFi--spending another $30.00 for nothing!  

0 Likes