Monthly unused data?
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
I wonder if one doesn't use all of there wireless 5-gig limit data will they get roll over data like it is with phones or does one just get ripped off again. Say I only use 4.75 gig this will I get rollover data ..25 gig carry over to next month.
0 Likes
Re: Monthly unused data?
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
There isn't a rollover feature available for data plans.  The closer you get w/o going over your allowance the better it will be for you.  If you have someone who can use your computer/device, etc. then maybe they can help you make the most of the service that you pay for every month.
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

Macriver wrote:
...like it is with phones or does one just get ripped off again.

Don't look at it as being ripped off, consider it a "better deal" than paying per KB/MB.

When the data plans were first established, very few people ever hit 5MB. Then, it became a "soft limit" where letters and phone calls (from what I have read) were sent to customer asking them to limit their usage. This was in the early days of EVDO, and some customers were gobbling up more than their fair share. There is a finite and limited bandwidth available, after all, and there are probably no more expensive way than moving data through thin air.

Now, folks are more likely to consume 5+GB. Definitely check the usage and max it out if like.
0 Likes
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
Sorry But I'm going to have to disagree with you . If I'm paying for 5 gig limit that all of the 5 gig is mine. It should be rolled over as unused cell phone minutes are. I understand that bandwith restrictions would be overloaded if everyone was downloading 500 gigs every month. Now if I go over my limit I can sure bet that I WILL GET CHARGED for my overage.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It should be rolled over as unused cell phone minutes are.

....but your minutes don't roll over with Verizon. This isn't AT&Terrible after all...

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
I sympathize with you ( i have a MiFi) but, if you go back and look at what you just wrote, you wrote "I'm paying for a 5 gig limit".  Exactly.  Not paying for 5 GB.  You are paying for a 5 GB LIMIT.  :smileyhappy:  I wish they'd increase it to 25 GB so I wouldn't have to worry about going over.  Checking my account for bytes used is a pain.  and it's always behind the times.
0 Likes
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well I have att as my cell phone carrier. I thought all carriers rolled over there minutes. Oh well!
0 Likes
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
I hope one day that they will up the data limit.  Not sure who and how they came up with 5 gig limit. I guess time will tell.
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
I support your campaign to increase the 5GB limit. It was instated a few years ago and things have changed since. If enough people request this it will happen. VZW is always interested in remaining a leader, and they are most likely to raise the bar for all other carriers. As for hitting that limit, you are free to use up every byte of your share. The other day I downloaded the iMacros toolbar for Firefox, it automates various web surfing tasks... it might help you set up an automatic macro to log in and check the KB usage on your account.
0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
The 5GB limit was established by current customer trending and usage analysis.  Additionally, bandwith issues prevent VZW from allowing all users to have unlimted as there is only so much room in the pipeline and when that room is full... no one else can use it.
0 Likes