Motorola Xoom 4G LTE - Limited Service
Little_Mama

I just received my Motorola Xoom back from having the upgrade to 4G LTE.  Unfortunately, I can't get service that well.  It fades in and out for several moments leaving me hopeless to browse the net.  I had better reception with 3G it seems.  I am reading a lot of outages.  Is it more than just me getting poor service?  I thought 4G was faster but I haven't gotten that side of things yet.  Hopefully the get this resolved soon.  I miss my Xoom!

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Xoom 4G LTE - Limited Service
THC
I just got my Xoom back from its 4g upgrade yesterday morning and i haven't been able to connect to 3g or 4g. I tried all suggestions in the return package but no success. I then called support yesterday afternoon and was told the network was down and had been starting Monday for certain devices. My Bionic works fine on both 3g and 4g but no go on the Xoom. They weren't sure how long it would take to fix but said they would call when it was up. No word yet... seems strange, have others heard or seen this?
0 Likes
Not applicable

Little_Mama and THC, I'm glad you received your 4G upgrades, but sorry to hear you are having issues. I recently received my Xoom back and had the same issue as THC originally, but since then has been working consistently. 

Little_Mama, I would suggest removing the SIM (located at the top of the device), which will reboot the device and attempt to re-activate the SIM. If still having issues, enable airplane mode for about 30 seconds then disable.

For THC, you need to make sure your SIM card is activated. Login to your My Verizon account and select your Xoom mobile number. Choose Activate a Device under I Want Too... Use the IMEI (Settings>About tablet>Status) when My Verizon prompts for the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) and then enter the ICCID when prompted for the SIM card number. You should receive a successful activation message. Wait a minute, then remove the SIM card & the device will reboot. 

0 Likes
kjowski

No you are not. I called yesterday and they were not helpful on the phone I brought my zoom in cause it is also popping up an error that says Sim Card Authorization Error. Last night the guy told me two things one there are 4GLTE outages right now and 2 that it seems the SIM cards are no good and swapping them out does not even fuix it. I am not sure what to do now. I do not want to pay for a data package I am not suing and not sure now if this will be resolved soon or not and if I should just return my xoom? Thought.

0 Likes
kjowski

I called yesterday and they were not helpful on the phone I brought my zoom in cause it is also popping up an error that says Sim Card Authorization Error. Last night the guy told me two things one there are 4GLTE outages right now and 2 that it seems the SIM cards are no good and swapping them out does not even fuix it. I am not sure what to do now. I do not want to pay for a data package I am not suing and not sure now if this will be resolved soon or not and if I should just return my xoom? Thought.

0 Likes