My jet pack 4g LTE has quit working altogether. Can it be replaced or repaired?
Gary8346

IT is about a year old and except for lately it has worked fine. We moved recently and service seems very poor here. The jet pack just recently quit altogether. It won't restart. I'm quite sure it was charged before it quit.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My jet pack 4g LTE has quit working altogether. Can it be replaced or repaired?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like either the USB port on the Jetpack is broken or your USB charging cable is broken.  Chances are better that the USB port has wiggled itself loose inside the Jetpack and will need to be resoldered.  Small chance the battery has gone bad too but that isn't very likely.  You could swing by a VZW store and ask them to try a different battery to confirm.

Best to call this one into VZW for support options.  If you still have warranty then they will cover the repair for you.  Otherwise they will run you by your upgrade and replacement options accordingly.  If you are savvy or have a savvy friend with a soldering gun they could take a look at opening up the jetpack and performing a repair too.  Once you get power going to the Jetpack it should work again.

View solution in original post

Re: My jet pack 4g LTE has quit working altogether. Can it be replaced or repaired?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gary8346,

Let’s get the jetpack up and running for you again. What make and model jetpack it is? When you plug it into the charger does it indicate that it accepts a charge? Any liquid or physical damage to the device. Please share the details and let us know.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gary8346

I Believe it's a MiFi® 5510L. when I plug it in I get no light or other indication that it's working and it has no liquid or external damage at all.

thanks for your reply

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like either the USB port on the Jetpack is broken or your USB charging cable is broken.  Chances are better that the USB port has wiggled itself loose inside the Jetpack and will need to be resoldered.  Small chance the battery has gone bad too but that isn't very likely.  You could swing by a VZW store and ask them to try a different battery to confirm.

Best to call this one into VZW for support options.  If you still have warranty then they will cover the repair for you.  Otherwise they will run you by your upgrade and replacement options accordingly.  If you are savvy or have a savvy friend with a soldering gun they could take a look at opening up the jetpack and performing a repair too.  Once you get power going to the Jetpack it should work again.

Gary8346

IT was a loose battery. I removed and replaced it and now it works.

NOw ow maybe we can talk about why I am getting such awful service. or should I open another discussion?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gary8346,

I am glad that the jetpack is up and working. Now let’s tackle the service issues. What zip code are you in? What types of service issues are you having?  

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gary8346

Im in zip code 83611 for the summer. In past years we've had good service, but this summer it is slow with lots of drop-outs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the zip code, Gary8346. I would like to clarify when you say drop-outs are you referring to disconnects? How many bars of service to do you see on the device? What type of device are you connecting the Jetpack to? 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Gary8346

I see two bars. Under the mobile network the 3G signal shows 48%. Preferred network is set at auto. I have an alternate wifi here at the RV park I'm staying at and frequently my phone or iPad will switch from Verizon to the park wifi presumably because I've lost Verizon. Verizon is also quite slow when I am on it. Of course the park wifi sucks too, but I'm writing this message on it.   

Sent from Mailbo

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for getting back to me, Gary8346. I can understand wanting a reliable data connection when you are traveling. You mentioned you were at a RV park do you have trouble with the device in any other location?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes