My new 6620L is very slow compared to my phone right next to it. Why is that?
TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my MotoX and the 6620L Jet Pack have a range of -90 -> -93 dBm and when they are both the same there is big difference when doing the speed test. They both are using the same server to perform the test with the 6620L showing .61 Mbs download and 2.71 Mbs upload.  The MotoX shows 8.79 Mbs download and 15.5 Mbs upload.

The 6620L worked fine for a short while first thing in the morning but then dropped and has not recovered the speed. The speed test was done with 2 different tablets with the same results.  The tablets are using 5GHz.

Moving the 6620L and geting a -81dBm the speed is still slow.  If this is how the device works then I will want a refund, just bought it 2 days ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new 6620L is very slow compared to my phone right next to it.  Why is that?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yup the Jetpack is underperforming.  It should be receiving 1-3 Mbps while on 3G and between 5-12 Mbps for 4G LTE.  Anything else (considering you know its not a service problem with your 2nd VZW phone) is hardware related.

You should be able to bring back the full performance by performing some of the reset steps.  For something like this I would suggest powering down the device, removing the SIM card, let it sit for 60 seconds and then reassemble.  This process will force it to associate with the local towers and repair any bad connections from before.

If not then contact VZW and have them cover your replacement options under the warranty.  If you find you need to perform resets frequently then that is a good reason to have VZW swap it out for you too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My new 6620L is very slow compared to my phone right next to it.  Why is that?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yup the Jetpack is underperforming.  It should be receiving 1-3 Mbps while on 3G and between 5-12 Mbps for 4G LTE.  Anything else (considering you know its not a service problem with your 2nd VZW phone) is hardware related.

You should be able to bring back the full performance by performing some of the reset steps.  For something like this I would suggest powering down the device, removing the SIM card, let it sit for 60 seconds and then reassemble.  This process will force it to associate with the local towers and repair any bad connections from before.

If not then contact VZW and have them cover your replacement options under the warranty.  If you find you need to perform resets frequently then that is a good reason to have VZW swap it out for you too.

0 Likes