NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars. Did I do something wrong on install?
ChristinaG145

I just set this up three days ago. All the lights turned blue and I am able to connect to the internet from my phones and tablets.  But when I am receiving a call, I'm only getting 1-2 bars at best and I still drop calls.  When I'm sitting right next to it, I get 3-4 bars and great service but I was under the impression that I had a bigger range for the NE.  Side note, the NE is sitting right next to a window about 3 feet away from the router. 

0 Likes
Re: NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars.  Did I do something wrong on install?
Snn5
Legend

Call Verizon Tech and ask that they remotely amplify the transmission power.  That worked for me.

0 Likes
Re: NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars.  Did I do something wrong on install?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Are you sure your phone is connected to the NE in the first place?  There should be some kind of audio tone that you hear when receiving a call while under the NEs influence.  There should also be some kind of a key combination you can dial on your phone to verify if you are being extended or not.

If the NE is able to play its audio confirmation that you are connected and its still not working then you would have to contact VZW support for replacement/warranty options.

0 Likes
Re: NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars. Did I do something wrong on install?
ChristinaG145

I do get the audio tone when I'm connected but I have to sit really close to the NE.  I did the #48 as well.  Thank you for your help!

To: Christina Gadomski <c.gadomski@ymail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:42 AM

Subject: - NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars.  Did I do something wrong on install?

#yiv0734552663 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

NE has all blue lights but I have to sit within 2 feet of it to get 2 bars.  Did I do something wrong on install?

created by John Getzke in Broadband & Netbook - View the full discussionAre you sure your phone is connected to the NE in the first place?  There should be some kind of audio tone that you hear when receiving a call while under the NEs influence.  There should also be some kind of a key combination you can dial on your phone to verify if you are being extended or not. If the NE is able to play its audio confirmation that you are connected and its still not working then you would have to contact VZW support for replacement/warranty options. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Broadband & Netbook by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes