Need Help, Frustrated about SIM for Thunderbolt
device_geek

Howdy,

I really need some help.  My company ordered a new Thunderbolt for me last week.  To save money they ordered it from Amazon.  When I received it, there was no SIM in the box.  I've called my IT guy and let him know.  His Verizon Business rep told him to tell me to go into a store and ask for one.  I did that (yes I went to a corporate owned store, not an agent location) and you would have thought I was asking for them to cut off an apendage.  They said that they get one SIM with one phone.  They said they could not separate them, they said that they didn't have a SKU that would allow them to sell me one even if they had one "extra" to sell me.  

I went back to my IT guy and he's been so busy he has not gotten back to me at all.  He's the "authorized user" on the account.  All I want to do is buy a SIM.  I'll pay for it, I don't care about the money but I can't find a link anywhere on vzw.com that allows you to pick a SIM and purchase it.  

Anyone?  Please help.  I've had the device for more than a week now and I want to start using it.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Help, Frustrated about SIM for Thunderbolt
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

device_geek wrote:

Howdy,

I really need some help.  My company ordered a new Thunderbolt for me last week.  To save money they ordered it from Amazon.  When I received it, there was no SIM in the box.  I've called my IT guy and let him know.  His Verizon Business rep told him to tell me to go into a store and ask for one.  I did that (yes I went to a corporate owned store, not an agent location) and you would have thought I was asking for them to cut off an apendage.  They said that they get one SIM with one phone.  They said they could not separate them, they said that they didn't have a SKU that would allow them to sell me one even if they had one "extra" to sell me.  

I went back to my IT guy and he's been so busy he has not gotten back to me at all.  He's the "authorized user" on the account.  All I want to do is buy a SIM.  I'll pay for it, I don't care about the money but I can't find a link anywhere on vzw.com that allows you to pick a SIM and purchase it.  

Anyone?  Please help.  I've had the device for more than a week now and I want to start using it.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

In addition to the previous responses, please keep in mind that the account manager or account owner can call 1-800-922-0204 and order a SIM card for your device. A SIM card must be associated with your account for billing provisioning before it is installed on your new phone. The SIM card is free!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Since it was ordered through Amazon, maybe a question should asked with Amazon customer service why there wasn't a SIM card in the packaging.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
device_geek

IT ordered the phone, don't have a clue how I would contact them. Thought about this but without order information it's a dead end.  Again, IT guy has been non-responsive to all of my requests...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

call amazon

you bought it from them, they are your warranty/issue location

this is one of the problems with buying from a third party.  verizon is not responsible for thier mistakes

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

device_geek wrote:

IT ordered the phone, don't have a clue how I would contact them. Thought about this but without order information it's a dead end.  Again, IT guy has been non-responsive to all of my requests...

escilate it up the chain. talk to it guys boss, keep goining up the chain until you get an answer

0 Likes
device_geek

I didn't want to have to go there as I've only been with this company for about 60 days but I think you're right.  It's kind of silly that this is taking so long.  I'm still interested if someone knows where on vzw.com I could order a SIM :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I would certainly involve the guy's boss at this point since you haven't got a response from IT person. If there is a email chain started, forward it to the IT guy and Cc their boss. Ask again for the help you need. Should you get no response from either, go one level higher or include your boss. If this equipment is needed for the job, your boss can't be super happy with the delays either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I am sorry your new device did not come with a SIM card and that the store didn't have a SIM card to sell you. Only some corporate store locations carry SIM card replacements. I recommend calling ahead to the various locations to check their inventory.

Additionally, SIM card replacement have to be associated with a current active phone and ESN and this would have to be verified with a representative on the phone or at the corporate store before a purchase can be made. I apologize but SIM cards can not be purchased online via our website. 

SIM card replacements can also be done via Asurion as a insurance replacement but must also be attached to a current active phone and ESN that must be verified by the caller per the account information. I recommend continuing to try to contact the authorized users on your account to address the missing one from your device.

I have also listed the link to our accessories page on our website for other accessories for your device.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessories

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

device_geek wrote:

Howdy,

Thanks in advance.

Tony

In addition to the previous responses, please keep in mind that the account manager or account owner can call 1-800-922-0204 and order a SIM card for your device. A SIM card must be associated with your account for billing provisioning before it is installed on your new phone. The SIM card is free!

0 Likes