Re: Need for solution for dormancy/drop-outs/lower speed to network from Mifi 4510L
Not applicable

I understand your frustration over having to deal with this situation. You are correct, the MiFi and USB modem should have the same connectivity. When your computer drops to limited connection or local only, do you notice if the signal on the device drops? Have you used this device with another computer? If the device still has good signal, but losing the connection, it could also be an issue with the security settings between the MiFi and the computer. I recently used a MiFi 4510 on my computer, also Vista, for the last 30 days and have not had any issues with dormancy or drop outs. I would suggest deleting the connection and then manually adding it back. If the device is losing signal randomly, it may be an issue with the device itself. If you are still having issues, we can do more troubleshooting on your account. Please send me a PM with your name, mobile number and contact number if those steps don't work for you. 

0 Likes
Re: Need for solution for dormancy/drop-outs/lower speed to network from Mifi 4510L
Larry1
Enthusiast - Level 1

May work on 4510:

Force to EVDO 3G, then it won't time out (diagnostic mode).

For the UML 290, auto ping every 20 seconds to keep active.

0 Likes
NickThompson

Dumb Question, but how do I tell if I am using a VPN?

Nick Thompson

0 Likes