Need help getting my NE to connect with my new router Help!
atvwoman

I just got a netgear wireless router to replace my linksys wireless G router and I cannot figure out how to get my extender to start working again

0 Likes
Re: Need help getting my NE to connect with my new router Help!
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello atvwoman,

So sorry you are having trouble connecting your Network Extender to your new router!  I would be happy to assist you!  I am including a few steps below to assist with reconnecting.  I would start the process over from the beginning, as if you just started use of the Network Extender.

The following steps and pictures is for "Ensuring the device is connected":

1. Using the provided Ethernet Cable, connect one end to the Network Extender's WAN Port then connect the other end to an available LAN / Ethernet Port on the Router / Modem.
    Note If using a router, ensure that it supports Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Virtual Private Networking (VPN). Refer to the manufacturer's product documentation to confirm compatibility.
    Connecting the ethernet cable from the router / modem to the device
  2. Connect the Power Supply to the Network Extender.
    Note Only use the provided Power Supply and Cord.
    Connecting the power supply to the device
  3. Ensure that the Power Supply is connected to the Power Cord then connect it to an available Power Outlet.
    Note The use of a surge protector is recommended.
    Connecting the power supply to a power outlet
  4. Verify that the LED Status Indicators are illuminated correctly.
    Note Refer to Meaning of LED Status Indicators for assistance.
    Note Allow up to 10 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence and detect both its connections and available communications.

If still no signal, Power Cycle the Network Extender by disconnecting the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds, then Re-connect the Power Cord to the Power Outlet.  (Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence.)

Steps below is for "Installing the GPS Antenna Cable":

1.  Ensure that the Network Extender is powered off.

Note If connected, disconnect the power cord from the power outlet. 

Power cord disconnecting

2.  Ensure that the wireless antenna is rotated down then open and remove the GPS antenna cover.

GPS antenna cover removal

3.  Carefully press down then detach the GPS antenna from the Network Extender.
GPS antenna detachment

4.  Remove the GPS antenna from its compartment then connect it to the appropriate end of the mini-coax cable.
Mini-coax connecting to the GPS antenna

5.  Carefully align then connect the mini-coax cable to the mini-coax connector located within the GPS antenna compartment.
Warning Do not force the cable into the mini-coax connector as this may damage it.
Mini-coax connecting to the mini-coax connector

6.  Replace the GPS antenna cover while ensuring that the mini-coax cable is threaded through the opening.
GPS cover installed with the mini-coax threaded through the opening

Ensure your Netgear Router firmware is up to date.  Link with instructions:

Upgrading router firmware - Netgear

Let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes