I just got a netgear wireless router to replace my linksys wireless G router and I cannot figure out how to get my extender to start working again
So sorry you are having trouble connecting your Network Extender to your new router! I would be happy to assist you! I am including a few steps below to assist with reconnecting. I would start the process over from the beginning, as if you just started use of the Network Extender.
The following steps and pictures is for "Ensuring the device is connected":
If still no signal, Power Cycle the Network Extender by disconnecting the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds, then Re-connect the Power Cord to the Power Outlet. (Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence.)
Steps below is for "Installing the GPS Antenna Cable":
1. Ensure that the Network Extender is powered off.
If connected, disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
2. Ensure that the wireless antenna is rotated down then open and remove the GPS antenna cover.
3. Carefully press down then detach the GPS antenna from the Network Extender.
4. Remove the GPS antenna from its compartment then connect it to the appropriate end of the mini-coax cable.
5. Carefully align then connect the mini-coax cable to the mini-coax connector located within the GPS antenna compartment.
Do not force the cable into the mini-coax connector as this may damage it.
6. Replace the GPS antenna cover while ensuring that the mini-coax cable is threaded through the opening.
Ensure your Netgear Router firmware is up to date. Link with instructions:
Let me know how this works out for you!