Neither desktop computer will read mifi 2200 when USB is plugged in, or otherwise.
C3PO

We used to be able to use mifi 2200 via the USB on both my desktop & my sister's desktop. Ever since an update this past summer, no computer will recognize the mifi 2200 when plugged in via USB. My mother's laptop won't read it, and neither will the 2 desktop computers. My mother can connect her laptop wirelessly without plugging the USB in, but her laptop does nothing when it is plugged into the USB port. As with the desktops, it's as if we have not plugged anything into the USB port at all. Could it be the USB cord itself, or has anyone else experienced something similar? I hate going to our local verizon store, they have managed to mess everything up in the past (sending us the wrong products, etc.) So, I want to know if I really HAVE to go there or not. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Neither desktop computer will read mifi 2200 when USB is plugged in, or otherwise.
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try updating the drivers on the device.

Start Device Manager.

Windows 7 
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager. 

Windows Vista 
Click Start > (Settings) Control Panel > (System and Maintenance) > Device Manager.
If prompted, click Continue. 

Windows 2000 / XP 
Click Start > (Settings) Control Panel > (Performance and Maintenance) > System > Hardware > Device Manager. 

The following devices are normally installed:
Modems 
Novatel Wireless Modem 
Ports (COM & LPT) 
Novatel Wireless Application Port (COM x) 
Novatel Wireless GPS Port (COM x) 
Novatel Wireless Status Port (COM x) 

Universal Serial Bus controllers 
USB Composite Device 
USB Mass Storage Device 

If a conflict is present, a red X, yellow ! or yellow ? is displayed to the left of a listed device or may be indicated by a device entry labeled Other Devices or Unknown. The drivers must be updated or reinstalled.

If a conflict is present:

Ensure that the device drivers are installed. 

If the device drivers are installed and a conflict is still present.

Right-click the device then click Update Driver Software.

If using Windows 2000 / XP, right-click the device then click Update Driver.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

If using Windows 2000 / XP, select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) then click Next.

Enter C:\Program Files\Novatel Wireless\Drivers into the search window then click Next.

If using Windows 2000 / XP, ensure that Search for the best driver in these locations and Include this location in the search are selected.

The driver location can be entered manually or navigated to by clicking Browse.
Click Close.

If using Windows 2000 / XP, click Finish.
If the problem persists try un-installing and then re-installing VZ Access manager.

VZ Access Manager version 7 is not compatible with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002.

VZAccess Manager software must be installed before inserting the PC Card / USB Modem into the computer for the first time. Only after the software has been installed can Windows successfully install and configure the PC Card / USB Modem.

Close any open applications. 

Launch an Internet browser then navigate to http://vzam.net. 

Follow the on-screen instructions to select the appropriate software for your hardware / operating system. 

Locate then double-click the downloaded file.

Click Install VZAccess Manager.

Click Run.

If presented with a User Account Control prompt, click Continue. 

Click Next.

Ensure I agree with this software license agreement is selected then click Next.

Click Next.

Ensure Typical is selected then click Next.

Click Install.

Click Finish. 

0 Likes
Re: Neither desktop computer will read mifi 2200 when USB is plugged in, or otherwise.
C3PO

Thanks, I'll let ya know how it goes!

0 Likes