Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Netbook Crashed tonight
snailnails2004

Not sure how to fix this problem.  My netbook completely crashed tonight.  It goes to the black screen telling me it shut down incorrectly (because it froze, I had to press and hold the button until it finally turned off and when I went to turn it back on, it wont boot up.

0 Likes
Re: Netbook Crashed tonight
AEROCOM

I am on a different machine right now so I can't be too detail. With this problem in the past , I turned it back on and got the black screen.

There are about two function keys (FN)+ that can bring it up into a state of checking your system drive. When through it should boot up. It can take some minutes for the check so be patient. It will do this check to see why you had the freeze and initiate possible updates.

I sure hope this will help you, it me.

A

If you can't find the right key just press them and wait you will come to the right one. It won't do anything else until you hit the right key anyway. I can't remember what that key says.

0 Likes