Netbook vs USB760
Claudia98223
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently bought a HP 210 Netbook and went to 2 different Verizon stores before I got hooked up with what I wanted.  I only want the pay-as-you go broadband for 1 month.  I need for a 10 day vacation where I will only check emails and update avon orders.  The 2nd store I went to sold me a USB760 mobile broadband and installed 1 month of pay-as-you-go.  I thought everything was good until I got home and there is a piece of paper in the box with a Caution:  to only use modem with a notebook with screen 12" or larger.  Has anyone been using a netbook with a USB760?  If so have you had any problems?

I called the store where I bought it to ask them and the girl who answered said that I had to call tech support because they wouldn't know answers like that.  They sold it they should know things like that this modem should only be used with notebooks.

Thanks,  I'm a real novice with this mobile stuff and after reading some of the other posts I'm sure I'll have other issues.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Netbook vs USB760
Claudia98223
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what Verizon Wireless replied to me:

Claudia, yes you can use the USB760 Modem with your Netbook without damaging either equipment. However, you use this device at your own risk while on your Netbook because of FCC RF exposure requirements. To comply with FCC RF exposure requirements, this modem should not be used in configurations that cannot maintain at least 11 mm (approximately 0.43” or 7/16”) from users and bystanders; for example, in certain notebook and tablet computers and configurations where the USB connectors are unable to provide or ensure the necessary separation is available between the modem and its users to satisfy RF exposure compliance requirements.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

Claudia98223 wrote:

I recently bought a HP 210 Netbook and went to 2 different Verizon stores before I got hooked up with what I wanted.  I only want the pay-as-you go broadband for 1 month.  I need for a 10 day vacation where I will only check emails and update avon orders.  The 2nd store I went to sold me a USB760 mobile broadband and installed 1 month of pay-as-you-go.  I thought everything was good until I got home and there is a piece of paper in the box with a Caution:  to only use modem with a notebook with screen 12" or larger.  Has anyone been using a netbook with a USB760?  If so have you had any problems?

I called the store where I bought it to ask them and the girl who answered said that I had to call tech support because they wouldn't know answers like that.  They sold it they should know things like that this modem should only be used with notebooks.

Thanks,  I'm a real novice with this mobile stuff and after reading some of the other posts I'm sure I'll have other issues.

Weird, I am not sure why they would even have a warning like that? I have an network with a 10" screen and have been using the USB760 for a few months now and it works perfect. 

0 Likes
rangeral

I also use a netbook with less than 12" screen and that same USB Modem and works just fine for me. 

0 Likes
Claudia98223
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what Verizon Wireless replied to me:

Claudia, yes you can use the USB760 Modem with your Netbook without damaging either equipment. However, you use this device at your own risk while on your Netbook because of FCC RF exposure requirements. To comply with FCC RF exposure requirements, this modem should not be used in configurations that cannot maintain at least 11 mm (approximately 0.43” or 7/16”) from users and bystanders; for example, in certain notebook and tablet computers and configurations where the USB connectors are unable to provide or ensure the necessary separation is available between the modem and its users to satisfy RF exposure compliance requirements.

0 Likes