Re: Netbook won't connect with Wi-Fi via my home wireless network.
BBAddict1981

Hey abwins,

So, you're saying that your netbook isn't showing that you're on the network at all, or you just can't browse the internet?

If it's just that you can't browse the internet, you could try checking in your Tools menu that your work offline section isn't checked and then refresh your page and see if that works.

I assume that if you're not on the network, that you performed the "repair" to see what the issue was?

If so, what were your results on that?

0 Likes
dmc1994

I also have a new Gateway LT2016U that won't connect via my home wireless network. I followed the earlier post and entered the DNS server info and can get the netbook to connect to the network but it won't access the 'net. When I run the 'repair' function it informs me it is attempting to acquire the IP address -- forever. When I entered the IP address of the desktop manually, it appears the network is functioning (signal strength, info under properties...) but NO net connection. Any other ideas?? All help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Of course I can get connection via VZAccess Manager to utilize the Broadband connection - but that's relatively expensive.  

0 Likes
AEROCOM

I have a sizable home network. I had limited access for the first week. I went into network connections. Set the share this computer with other net connections. This is essential because you are using two internet sources on the netbook.

Then run you router disk,(or drag to a usb stick) and then run this stick in the usb port on your netbook. This will allow your netbook to auto acquire the IP through your routere.

You should be good after this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or I have a magic netbook

When using the home net; go to the top of the vzam and under options, cut vz service off. If you don't it will fight you network for dominant connectiona and will also lead to the problem with auto turn on your work offline. The work offline comes on because you can't run both or these ISPs at the same time and they send conflict info. In effect , one forces the other into offline because it thinks it has lost connection. (which it has to the other connection)

Must only have one powered up at a time. Should work fine.

A

0 Likes
tdreiter

Thanks for the help, Samantha.  The netboook can now connect to the internet via my home WiFi network. 

However, now the netbook cannot send or receive email via Outlook.  (It's my husband's netbook and he just told me about the problem this morning.)  I don't know if any of the changes that I made to enable the home wifi connection have anything to do with this problem, or if this is something new.  But he was able to send and receive email over the Verizon broadband connection before I fixed the home wifi connection problem and now he can't send or receive email on either the home WiFi network or the Verizon broadband connection.

The error message states the host could not be found.  Any ideas what this problem might be?   

0 Likes
AEROCOM

Outlook email is independent of each provider. You have to have set up a different address from the one on your home system. They are not interchangeable between service providers.

A

0 Likes