Network Extender Blinking Red SYS Light
rkwhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the Samsung Network Extender and it has worked wonderfully in our home for months, however, this past week the SYS light just blinks red. We have unplugged it and plugged it back in several times but it continues to blink red. Does anyone know if it is a Verizon issue or could it be that the unit is ready for the trash? All other lights are blue. Thanks for your help .

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Blinking Red SYS Light
nhgrumpy
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here. started tonight and only had it since Saturday.

lanthonyprice
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I've had our network extender since January of 2011 and have never seen this before. It has been out since yesterday afternoon. System light blinking slow red and GPS light maintaining red. Never had a single problem with it before. I don't know if there is a network outage. We about 70 miles outside Washington, DC. I don't know the useful life of the Samsung models. From what I get trolling the discussioin boards, the Verizon NE tech support isn't very helpful or responsive but I'm going to try rather than buy another.

oneminstrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Can anyone help with this?

Vox64
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Wireless Network Extender has also been working flawlessly for a month and now displays a slow blinking red Sys light.   I'd like an answer or I plan to return it as defective.  Seems to be a trend here...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my rkwhite. It sounds like you're on the right path for getting your Network Extender working. I'm glad up until now you were running smooth, and I want to get you back up and running quickly. Was there a recent update to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) Router? Many times, if the System LED continuously alternates from solid red to quickly flashing red, it may be necessary to enable ports 500, 4500, 53, and 52428 on the modem/router. That's done through your ISP directly. It's also possible the Router may need an update from your ISP.

You can also verify your Verizon Wireless access setting are correct though My Verizon. The steps can be located here: http://bit.ly/shbXqa

I'm here to help if you're still having trouble.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rkwhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi -

I think my “situation” may be a little different than most. My husband is a Verizon Wireless employee and this Samsung unit was given to him to use in our home because we do not have cellsite coverage in our area and with this unit my husband can use his cell phone while he is on call. It has worked great but suddenly just gives us the blinking red light. It is never steady just always blinking. This now effects my husband’s on call schedule so we would really like to get it fixed asap.

Thank you.

Roxie Whitehead

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:37 AM

To: RK White

Subject: - Re: Network Extender Blinking Red SYS Light

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Broadband & Netbook Community - View the full discussion

RL357

My Samsung Network Extender has been working for years.  Now I'm having the same problem with my SYS light flashing red.  this just started this last week.  I'm using DSL and my router and modem are working just fine.  Like I said, everything has a history of working fine up until this past week. 

0 Likes
ymnhefty

Hello,

Same problem here.  Haven't changed settings in my router.  The network extender was working fine up until today.  Now the sys light just blinks red slowly.  I reset the network extender, reset the router, disabled the router firewall temporarily, and reset the cable modem.  None of this is helping.  I can ping the network extender from it's IP, so I know it has a network connection.  The router has an internet connection.  Then only thing I can't check is the network connection to Verizon.  Is there a way to do this?  Is this just an outage that's getting fixed?  Thank you.

0 Likes
nm3210

I've also been having the same problem here (UP of Michigan) for the past day. Resetting everything doesn't help so I am assuming there is a "Network Extender" outage like there has been in the past. Just like everyone else: SYS light slowly flashing red.

0 Likes