Re: Network Extender Blinking Red SYS Light
Msnbcjunkie42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list. Come on Verizon, get it together and please give us a solution.

nm3210

Looks like it's back up for me now. Just annoying verizon, it'd be nice to at least have an acknowledgement or something.

0 Likes
crice
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been out for the last couple of weeks too...!!

barsad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jennifer --

No offense, but there are clearly enough posts here to show that this is a widespread outage and not people fumbling with their router settings. Verizon needs to take action and report on this forum what is being done to fix the problem. Cutting and pasting your normal boilerplate won't cut it this time.

Josh

oneminstrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Josh I agree wholeheartedly with you. We have gone round and round with Verizon, and they were no help. Terrible tech support, kept wanting us to pay $100.00 for another one. Took me three weeks of dealing with tech support for my router, my ISP, and verizon. Verizon was the least helpful. They kept pointing the finger at everyone else. Verizon has an issue, and I think they know it......

dafish
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK here's what worked for me.  I just got the network extender yesterday.  I set it up and got the blinking red's.  Waited an hour and it didn't straighten itself out.  So I googled "network extender blinking" which led me to this forum.  I followed the link in the verizon rep's reply to this post and followed the directions about access settings.  It's originally set to "open access".  Had to select "Save Changes", then click on "manage access". Entered my family's cell numbers and clicked save again (i think).  A few minutes later I had all solid blues.  Then unfortunately I had to unplug my unit to re-run the GPS antennae today (my wife didn't like the wire showing.  whatever).  Hooked it back up and got that blinking red sys light again that wouldnt go away.  Found my way back to this forum and followed the directions about the access settings.  When I clicked "open access", the save settings button changed from gray to red and I clicked on it.  Then I clicked "manage access" again and clicked save settings button again.  BOOM!  ALL BLUE AGAIN!  Still working fine for me so maybe that's the fix.  If you disconnect it or maybe have a power outage that shuts the unit down, maybe you have to goto that access settings screen and do what I did to make the network "see" your unit again.  Like I said this seemed to work for me.  Hope it helps.    

jones4725
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, I'm a VZW customer w/ the NE as well.  I have had a few times in the last couple months where my NE would be solid blue except for the slow flashing red SYS light.  Following your advice above, I signed into my account at VZW to manage my extender.  I changed off of Manage Access to Open Access, saved the changes, and then changed back to Manage Access and saved changes again.  Within 10 minutes I was back to all blue lights and calling #48 gave me the "network extender coverage" automated message.

It would be nice to know how/why things happen this way -- my SYS light had been flashing red for 24 hours before I tried this workaround to restore access.

Thanks,

STP

Matt_in_PDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list of blinking system lights - has worked great for close to a year.

No recent home router changes.

I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Based on this...
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51085

If there's a problem connecting to the Verizon VPN, maybe verizon needs to renew a security certificate or something like that?

0 Likes
Tango2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Blinking red sys light (slowly) and solid red GPS light ... only got mine 3 weeks ago and have spent the past week trying to resolve this issue ... with no luck.

Have tried the "manage access" ... no results

Have unplugged and restarted at least 10 times ... no results

Have checked with ISP and no upgrades done or needed ... dead end

This seems to be a common problem ... the question is ... is it a Verizon problem or a Samsung problem ... and how do I rectify this ... I just spent $250 for this extender and 2 weeks is unacceptable. Any help or advice you can offer will be much appreciated.

Tango2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried this 3 times ... just to be sure ... didn't work for me.

0 Likes