Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Network Extender Causing Date & Time Error
bluecub78

I bought a Network Extender back in September. Ever since then, I get a sporadic issue where the date & time on my iPhone 5, now my iPhone 6, change to something that is incorrect. I wasn't sure if it was being caused by the Network Extender as I was able to solve the problem by resetting the time manually. The latest occurence was today with my iPhone 6, where even though the time I checked my phone was actually 12:40 PM, and the date is January 4th, 2015,  my phone's date & time read 10:15 AM, January 6, 1980. This time, setting the time manually didn't work as it goes off of time zone and it was still reading the same date & time. After a A LOT of back and forth between Apple and Verizon Wireless, it came down to it actually BEING the Network Extender as I unplugged it and everything went back to normal. For now, I'm leaving the extender unit unplugged as I would like to contact Verizon Wireless to officially let them know this is happening. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It's quite aggravating as it causes a big inconvenience when trying to use your iPhone as your alarm clock. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Causing Date & Time Error
Melgrant

Hi Bluecub78, Not sure where you are located, but we live outside of Boston. Sunday night 1/4/15 all the iPhones in our house (5 total) changed to random dates and times. Went on all day Monday 1/5/15. Finally I tried unplugging the network extender and rebooting it. Seems to have fixed the issue, but certainly a Verizonwireless issue with their network extenders.

0 Likes