Re: Network Extender Delivers Bogus Location to Droid Incredible
genlight

I solved the issue by going to Menu, Settings, Location & Security Settings, and made sure that "Use wireless networks" and "Enable Assisted GPS" were UNCHECKED.

Everything worked when I use the Network Extender or I'm away from the Network Extender.  One Android App does not work.  It requires that I have Wi-fi location enabled, easy enough to do if I need "Rainy Days"

0 Likes
laker_hockey

I have this problem too, utilizing a droid X about a hour north of Detroit, it tells me that I am in Chardon, OH.  I found that if I uncheck use wireless networks under settings my location, you solve your problem.  Not sure if this hurts your location accuracy when away from the network extender or not.

0 Likes
nline

I have the same problem.  I am in West Texas but programs like Weatherbug or gas buddy show me at Charleston SC.   I think this has to do with the location of what ever internetwork connection your packets pass through.   I use Suddenlink cable and I presume that the connection between Suddenlink and Verizon (or whatever backbone is used by both) is located in Charleston.  No way to fix this as your information isn't on Verzion's network until that point.  It's just like you are roaming.on a different cell provider network.

0 Likes
DunSys

This string is very old, so maybe you have solved it by now.  I solved this by relocating my Network Extender's GPS sensor closer to an outside window.  Now I get consistent good results.  Good luck to you.

0 Likes