Network Extender Issues
dziubanski

July 27th - Red SYS light has been flashing all day, anyone else having issues? (yes did power cycle etc) ..

Also,

I've noticed during conversations, i would just get dead air for 20 seconds at a time... this happens about every 10 min while on the phone. 

No other internet/network activity is present, I have speeds are 2 up 25 down

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Issues
TigressSerena

Me too!  Without my network extender I can't place calls at all, so I can't call tech support, which is frustrating.  Power cycle is a regular thing when the lights start going all red on me, I feel your pain!

0 Likes
magicalstephie

Does the dead air come back?  I keep having that issue but I don't think I've ever stayed on the phone for 20 seconds to see if it comes back.  I'll have to next time I guess.

0 Likes
magicalstephie

I just got the dead air twice today, and tried the 20 second wait and it didn't work.  Then my network extender lost signal, even though all the lights were blue.  Now I can't call the person back.  The call won't complete.  ARG.

0 Likes
dziubanski

Yes, It does come back, have to follow up with "can you hear me now???"

0 Likes
SBMongoos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got at NE recently.  I'll have to keep an eye on it.  I see tonight it the SYS light goes from flashing red to staying red.  The only reason this should happen is if something is going on with Verizon.  Wonder what the deal is. Clearly the cell phone cannot use the NE when this is going on.

Do any admins or forum monitors check these posts and leave comments?

0 Likes
Ronaldb

Mine lost GPS it went to red and System lite went to blinking red..

Restarted system and the same thing.  

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

Once again, the SYS light is alternating between solid red & flashing. I talked with a Verizon rep a few minutes ago -- she told me it's nationwide ( AGAIN! ). Like many here, I rely on the Extender as I can't use my cell even for emergencies if it goes down. It seems this network is as shaky as a Rube Goldberg contraption. You'd think that for $250.00 they'd have a more reliable system, but once our ca$h is in the corporate pocket ... hasta la vista.

0 Likes
thegreers17

We live in a town in Vermont that borders New Hampshire, and our SYS light is alternating between solid red, and flashing red.  I cannot believe they are having a nationwide problem AGAIN! 

Honestly, if I knew this was going to be such a problem I wouldn't have gotten service and kept it through Verizon.  The only way I can have cell service at my home is with this NE, and if it doesn't work then what's the point?  But now I'm stuck...I'm not paying cancellation fees on two lines! 

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!  It'd better be fixed when I get home today!

-Frustrated in Vermont :smileymad:

0 Likes
ncmcjm06

Good to know that this is nationwide.  I just got my network extender and didnt undertstand why I had no service this morning!

0 Likes