Network Extender: Site/listing with known outages/problems
SueSmith

Is there a site/listing that shows when there are problems with the network extender system being down, or having trouble or outages?  I'm in PERRIS, CALIFORNIA, and our extender has been going offline for the last two days, we'll unplug it to power cycle and reset the device, but it won' t hold on to the GPS signal. It's getting frustrating because we are in a rather "dead zone" here for normal cell phone connectivity and activity and rely very heavily upon this.

Thanks,

Sue

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender: Site/listing with known outages/problems
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine went down too, of course....spent 60 min on hold for the two minute conversation to say they are all down, and maybe fixed within 24 hours.

This is after something changed with my local tower and my household signal went to nil, and after multiple calls they finally sent me a network extender, which helped in maybe 1/3 of my house...how even that is kaput.  Makes me want to switch to AT&T.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Pureblood

I had a problem with mine needing to power cycle it everynight. My gps light would turn majenta everynight. Well it turned out my router was resetting the ip address on the network extender. Once I fixed that I haven't had any problems with mine.

0 Likes
coredump

I'm getting a lot of blinking red "sys light". 

I'm located in Glendale, CA (Los Angeles).  I have the Samsung 3G Verizon Network Extender. 

Anyoen else expericing outage right now?

0 Likes
Network extender down
brulicon

I am in Duvall Washington and my network extender went out in the middle of a call, my broadband is fine, the system light is flashing and the GPS light is solid red. I would ask the same question after waiting on hold for over a hour, is there a network or satalite problem?

0 Likes
Re: Network extender down
coredump

It's 12:26 AM Pacific Time and mine is currently out as well (blinking red sys).  I imagine it's a extender network issue because it connects to some Verizon Wireless network via TCP/IP.  If the extender network goes down, it'll go down everywhere.

At least I know I'm not the only one having issues with it, lol.

0 Likes
Rainday

Just spent 33 minutes on hold with Verizon, to have a 2 minute conversation with a technical support person who immediately told me Samsung is having a "grid" outage with their extenders. There is no ETA on resolution. I asked why they didn't just add an announcement saying their is an outage and the rep said they want people to call in and report the problem so they can create tickets for them (but worth 35 minutes of wasted phone time???)

According to Verizon, the problem started at 5pm yesterday and once its resolved the extender should reset itself.

I just got my extender a week or so ago -- do these outages happen often? What a PITA!

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine went down too, of course....spent 60 min on hold for the two minute conversation to say they are all down, and maybe fixed within 24 hours.

This is after something changed with my local tower and my household signal went to nil, and after multiple calls they finally sent me a network extender, which helped in maybe 1/3 of my house...how even that is kaput.  Makes me want to switch to AT&T.

0 Likes
coredump

Mine is still down.  I called *611 twice from work and gave up after holding for 15 minutes.  I'm at home with zero reception so I can't even call them, lol. 

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for reporting this issue to us everyone. After review of known issues I was able to locate reported problems with our Network Extenders. Currently this issues has been resolved as of June 4, 2011 and you can now reboot your Box to reset the device.

If you continue to have issues with your network extender, we will need to speak with you to perform further trouble shooting.

0 Likes
ThewSB

We also have issue in Santa Barbara Calif, Ours has worked flawlessly until about one week ago.. We have had it up since March of 2010.

IT seems that testing of the 4g network here in Santa Barbara was started at the same time we lost our GPS Signal..

Yes we have cycled the Extender and the rest of our network hardware. We have even relocated the extend to see the open sky yet it still will no longer find the GPS Signal..  What happened in the Santa Barbara Area?  When we talk to a Service Rep on the phone they tell me they can do nothing.. That I need to turn off my Modem and on...  But offer no real help.. Yet when I do a search on the web I see lots of folks having issues with there Verizon Cell extender..

We have the First version of the unit.. The older model SCS-26UC4....

Please let us know how to make our extender work.. WE are in an area with no Verizon Signal as we live in a Protected Canyon..

0 Likes