I tried posing in the existing thread, but since it had been previously marked as "solved" maybe that is why a tech never responded.
Sending text messages when connected to the NE randomly say "fail" on the phone, even though the text actually goes out.
Problem is random when on the NE. Sometimes texts go out with no issues. Other times a text will try to send for about 10 seconds and then come back with an unable to send message. However, the receiver gets the same text message twice.
This happens with a Droid X, LG Ally, and Blackberry Bold.
Appears the NE (or the verizon server routing the NE traffic) is not responding with the correct "message sent ok" status code. The phone tries again, still gets no response, and then says unable to send. Which is why the receiver gets the same message twice.
This has happened on my home NE and the NE at my job.
Is this a known NE issue? What is the fix?
The people next door to me just got a network extender. Ever since they put it up my texts are so slow to move and my signal is-103dBm. It was never that bad.
I am also experiencing this issue (intermitent text failures). It happened again yesterday afternoon. I sent two text messages from my Vz phone (Droid 3) on the extender to another Vz phone about 15 miles away - and the messages were never received (Droid 2). I did not receive a send failure notice on my phone.
I have previously had instances where I send messages from my phone on the extender and the phone says they failed to send, but actually did send. Receipient then gets two copies.
Given the choice of the recipient getting two copies, and no copies - I would gladly take two. The problem is when a text is getting dropped in the network, you have no way of knowing without contacting the recipient and asking "Did you get my text".
I have tried the Network Extender on multiple Internet providers, and verified there are no firewall issues with all the destination IPs and ports.
As instructed by Verizon support, I have also updated my PRL (*228) several times over the last 6 months, and that hasn't helped.
Not sure if this is related or not, but sometimes my phone shows a 1X signal instead of a 3G signal, even when it's 4 feet away from the network extender. I will try to determine whether the texting failures are on 1X or 3G in case that helps narrow down the issue.
Because lack of texting reliability is a safety concern, I am almost to the point of putting a network sniffer on the ethernet segment to try to look for network errors where Verizon IPs aren't responding, DNS isn't getting resolved quick enough, etc.
I know it must be frustrating to get the fail message on your device, when the message you sent actually did go through.
I took the liberty of contacting our support team for the Network Extenders and according to this team, what you describe is not a known issue. However, there are factors that come into play with the Network Extenders, so I want you to know I do not doubt you, and I would be more than happy to assist you further.
If you are still experiencing this issue, feel free to PM me with your name and mobile number, as well as a contact number. I will be more than happy to contact you.
It's a known issue they are FULL OF **bleep**.
I have contacted them about a half dozen times now with the EXACT same problem. And a quick search of the forums shows dozens of others with the same problem.
Just had another text failure yesterday. Using Droid 3 with the latest firmware update from this week and current PRL. Sent a text to a family member on another Verizon account. My phone says it sent (no error), she never received it - and I checked her phone. All other texts I sent while not near the extender went through and show in her conversation history.
Since the lost text was about a hazmat situation at the school, it's kind of disappointing to realize I can no longer trust text messaging on a network extender.
There seem to be a lot of threads in a lot of places about this and no resolution. I went through the tech support channel months ago and they thought they fixed it - but apparently not.
It would be great if Verizon could start some sort of focus group or something for Network Extender users who report this problem. Verizon could set up a test phone account that we periodically text and have an auto-responder set up to text us back. When we text and don't get a response, we log the date/time and report to someone at Verizon who is committed to solving the problem for us with access to all the various logfiles to see where it's getting dropped.
I have been having the exact same problem others are describing here. I have a network extender and I keep getting messages that my text was undelivered when it actually went through so I resend it so the recipient ends up getting two (or more) duplicate text messages.