Network Extender problem
hammerstix

Hello all,

I received a network extender as a gift in February of this year and it has worked well until just recently when the system and gps lights turn either blinking red or solid red. I had the gps antenna in the extender originally so I tried hooking up the external antenna with no success. Shortly after the extender quit I had a problem with my ISP and they installed a new modem but I don't think this contributes to the problem as the extender quit before my DSL connection went bad. If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender problem
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

:Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your Network Extender and I can certainly look into this for you.   If possible, make sure your base station with fewer surroundings closer to a window.   Also try to remove the power cord from the wall for ten seconds and plug it back in so it can re-initiate its startup sequence. 

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks!   :smileywink:

0 Likes
waltermb

i bought an extender 60 days ago--worked perfectly. in  the last few days it has stopped working-maybe failed. i have disconnected all connections 3 times and still no all blue lights. my lights currently are power-blue-----system solid red---gps --pink-or i think you call that magenta and wan solid red. i know my network is working and no issues. can you tell me if the unit has failed and the fastest way to get a replacement. i live in atlanta -zip 30305  thanks

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello waltermb,

I can certainly troubleshoot the Network Extender further. As you stated your network is working but wanted to confirm if you have hooked up other Ethernet connections to the router that is also using extender? When you completed the resets do the lights immediately come back up showing same status you described above? I am very interested in getting the product working again for you.

0 Likes