Network Extender & texts
jgeorgi

I am thinking about purchasing an extender for my daughter.  I understand it works with voice, but will it also help with texts?  What about other data?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender & texts
Not applicable

The network extender is a great choice to help with indoor coverage!  Our new Network Extender will help you with all 3 things you listed: Phone calls, text messages, and 3G Data.  Check out this link for more information.  It will have different tabs at the top explaining all aspects of the Network Extender.  

Thanks for posting, and let us know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
lvmydxntmysvc

We have had one for over a week now.. spent hours of time on the phone with Tech Support to get it set up and the thing still does not work right.

Even standing within 10 ft or closer of the thing, it still drops calls. You leave your house, come back later, you have to call *22800 for it to even know you are here, and then sometimes you have to do that 2 or 3 times. Walk out the house.. forget you have your phone in your pocket.. guess what? When you go back in the house.. *22800 again.

During the week we have had it, it spends over half of the time with the SYS light blinking red ( tech support tells me that it means it is updating ), and when this is happening.. you cannot place a call or receive one.. and if the extender is on, but you can't dial through it.. you can't get any other tower signal either.

The good part is, they sent us ours for free. We have been with VZW since 2005 and have all ways had great service, in the last 2 months that has changed and our service has gone to pot. NOT just at my house, but pretty much the entire area. Tech people tell me that is because of something going on with the alltel towers.. but who knows. YOU KNOW they have a problem when they send you the Extender (250.00) for free.

Sorry.. technology of today.. and this thing needs work.

Do I sound unhappy.. yes.. I am. I pay 210.00 a month and our service has gone to crap and they send me this extender that barely works, can't seem to get someone to get it working, and they seem to think they doing me a favor and I should be happy about it.

As I am typing.. the sys light is blinking red again.. the other 3 lights are blue.. this is the 4th time today it has done this. HOW MANY updates do they send out?  

0 Likes
lvmydxntmysvc

We have had one for over a week now.. spent hours of time on the phone with Tech Support to get it set up and the thing still does not work right.

Even standing within 10 ft or closer of the thing, it still drops calls. You leave your house, come back later, you have to call *22800 for it to even know you are here, and then sometimes you have to do that 2 or 3 times. Walk out the house.. forget you have your phone in your pocket.. guess what? When you go back in the house.. *22800 again.

During the week we have had it, it spends over half of the time with the SYS light blinking red ( tech support tells me that it means it is updating ), and when this is happening.. you cannot place a call or receive one.. and if the extender is on, but you can't dial through it.. you can't get any other tower signal either.

The good part is, they sent us ours for free. We have been with VZW since 2005 and have all ways had great service, in the last 2 months that has changed and our service has gone to pot. NOT just at my house, but pretty much the entire area. Tech people tell me that is because of something going on with the alltel towers.. but who knows. YOU KNOW they have a problem when they send you the Extender (250.00) for free.

Sorry.. technology of today.. and this thing needs work.

Do I sound unhappy.. yes.. I am. I pay 210.00 a month and our service has gone to crap and they send me this extender that barely works, can't seem to get someone to get it working, and they seem to think they doing me a favor and I should be happy about it.

As I am typing.. the sys light is blinking red again.. the other 3 lights are blue.. this is the 4th time today it has done this. HOW MANY updates do they send out?  

0 Likes